exhausted

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MeganMomof5

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2012, 10:19 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that's how I feel today...I think I could of slept all day if Jakob let me...He was sleeping through the night, and now he's not...I hope this phase stops soon...On top of it, we've been going just about every day for a week without stopping...anyone else have a baby that was sleeping through the night and stopped? I don't remember my other kids doing this.

February 22nd, 2012, 11:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
No advice Alex is not evenclose to.sttn but hope he starts sleeping better

February 22nd, 2012, 12:04 PM
debraf555's Avatar Christmas Baby on the Way
YES!!!!!!

For quite a while now Luigi was going to sleep around 9pm, getting up for a bottle around 4am, and then going back to sleep till 8am or so. Last week he got up at 3am for a bottle, then it was 2am, then this week it was 100am! It was making him get up earlier in the morning too . . . he was up for the day around 5am all week!

Since he was born we were co-sleeping at night and he was taking his naps in his crib during the day. Last night I put him in his crib at 9pm and he slept till 315am!!! He had a bottle and went back to sleep until 8am!!! I don't know if it was a fluke or if he is starting to prefer sleeping in his crib! I am going to try again tonight and see what happens.

I'm not sure what your sleeping arrangement is, but maybe switching things around may work. I had tried everything . . . I added extra formula to his last two bottles, I had him take a nap closer to bedtime, and then I tried no early evening nap . . . nothing seemed to be helping him go back to longer sleep stretches at night. I wasn't sure he was going to stay in his crib all night but I felt like I was all out of options.

Selfishly I prefer having him in bed with us! It's been soooo nice . . . especially on the nights my husband fell asleep on the couch and it was just Luigi and I! LOL! But his sleep is more important and if he gets better rest in his crib, so be it! We'll see what happens over the next few nights!
February 22nd, 2012, 12:09 PM
Liz_SD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to Liz_SD
i'm exhausted today too. rowan woke up several times last night and wanted to snuggle.

February 22nd, 2012, 12:40 PM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I can relate!

Around xmas, Audrina started sttn. She'd get up once around 5am. This was pretty consistant up until last week when she got her 4 month shots.

She's completely messed up now. I thought it would only last a night or two since she was pretty sick after her shots, but it seems to be her new routine. She's up 3-4 times a night.

It seems like as soon as I get used to one routine, she changes and I need to adjust all over again. It's super tiring to get used to it!

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

February 22nd, 2012, 02:54 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
What is this sttn thing you speak of? Lol.

So sorry they have regressed. Hope it goes back to the old routine. It's rough to feel tired all the time!
February 22nd, 2012, 02:56 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
a sleep regression around 4 months is 100% normal and very very common, it sucks and i feel your pain! I hope he starts sleeping better soon

February 22nd, 2012, 03:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashj_1218 View Post
What is this sttn thing you speak of? Lol.
Maggie has done it once, and a few times, she's only woken up once, but mostly it's still 2-3 times a night. Last night was midnight, 2:45, and 4AM. At 4 I was like, "There is no way you are still hungry, you just ate!" But she assured me that she was indeed hungry nom nom nom. Then my alarm clock went off at 4:45. BRUTAL.

February 22nd, 2012, 07:04 PM
In the past my Breastfed babies never slept through the night till they were no longer BF (I only BF 2 of my kids long term)...My formula fed babies always slept through the night at around 2 months...I never remember this 4 month thing...Maybe it was so horrible I blocked it out of my head lol...as much as I'm sad that I didn't get to BF Jakob, I was so happy that he was sleeping through the night so early.

February 22nd, 2012, 08:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i have been wondering what in the world my little Ari is thinking! Neither of them have every slept through the night but they were sleeping for 3hours at a time. Now Ari is back to getting up every 2 hours. Nadine wakes every 3 hours....so im SOOOOOOOO tired. I like to tell myself i'm blissfully exhausted
February 23rd, 2012, 07:31 AM
debraf555's Avatar Christmas Baby on the Way
Quote:
Originally Posted by debraf555 View Post
YES!!!!!!

For quite a while now Luigi was going to sleep around 9pm, getting up for a bottle around 4am, and then going back to sleep till 8am or so. Last week he got up at 3am for a bottle, then it was 2am, then this week it was 100am! It was making him get up earlier in the morning too . . . he was up for the day around 5am all week!

Since he was born we were co-sleeping at night and he was taking his naps in his crib during the day. Last night I put him in his crib at 9pm and he slept till 315am!!! He had a bottle and went back to sleep until 8am!!! I don't know if it was a fluke or if he is starting to prefer sleeping in his crib! I am going to try again tonight and see what happens.

I'm not sure what your sleeping arrangement is, but maybe switching things around may work. I had tried everything . . . I added extra formula to his last two bottles, I had him take a nap closer to bedtime, and then I tried no early evening nap . . . nothing seemed to be helping him go back to longer sleep stretches at night. I wasn't sure he was going to stay in his crib all night but I felt like I was all out of options.

Selfishly I prefer having him in bed with us! It's been soooo nice . . . especially on the nights my husband fell asleep on the couch and it was just Luigi and I! LOL! But his sleep is more important and if he gets better rest in his crib, so be it! We'll see what happens over the next few nights!

So I put Luigi in his crib again last night . . . he slept from about 930pm, got up at 330am for a bottle and went back to sleep till 700am. I am still not convinced that is totally due to the fact that he is in his crib, but I am going to continue putting him in there and see what happens.
February 23rd, 2012, 09:31 AM
Jakob went to bed a little after 9 last night, started to cry in his sleep at 10 (right when I was going to bed), I picked him up and comforted him till he went back to sleep, and then he slept till 6am!!! It felt sooo good...Usually he moves around a lot at night, and I rock him so he doesn't wake up, but I either didn't hear him (which isn't like me) or he slept soundly..I still felt like I could sleep all day, but i'll take what I can get...it's 8:30 and he's napping...I hope he sleeps till the dishwasher is done so I can get my shower in.
debraf555 likes this.

February 23rd, 2012, 10:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Maggie was only up twice last night, midnight and...gosh I don't even know, I didn't check the clock because I was so tired. DH did the midnight feed but it took him so long to get the bottle warmed that she was crying and I was awake. I do feel a little more rested today than I did yesterday, but still...

February 24th, 2012, 10:26 AM
I wish I had read this sooner because I just wrote a new post about sleeping setbacks.

YES to the sleeping problems, and YES to the exhaustion!

This is my first child so I had no idea what to expect. I assumed that once he started going the whole night through without waking up that it would stay that way for the most part (of course I knew he'd have rough nights here and there)... I just thought that overall he was good to go with the sleeping.

Then BAM this week hit and he has been getting up on average every 3-4 hours again just like he was when we first brought him home. Everytime we have to go through the whole regimen of changing the diaper, feedding him, checking to see if his teeth are bothering him, etc. I think I got spoiled with the few weeks he was sleeping through the night because it's almost like it's hit me extra hard the past 7 days.

I'm sitting at my desk right now going on my 3rd cup of coffee, 3rd Pepsi Max, and now I tossed in a Starbucks frappuccino... I still feel like I'm going to pass out any moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_Wristwatch View Post
a sleep regression around 4 months is 100% normal and very very common, it sucks and i feel your pain! I hope he starts sleeping better soon

Do you know why that is? I thought I was the only one! Sooooo glad I came across this post!

Anyone know what it is about the 4 month mark that causes this?
February 24th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Veteran
Hate to say but so glad it isn't just my little one. How long does this phrase last?
February 25th, 2012, 07:54 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
A lot of the regression is learning. They have figured out how to move their bodies, that they can do things independent of us, and that is exciting. Often when babies learn new things (crawling, walking, talking, running, etc) they go thru a sleep regression. It certainly won't be the first time it happens. I think four months is so big because we all just got used to being out of the newborn-sleeping-all-day stage and thought they were starting to get more scheduled and then they turn around and start being wakeful again. They WILL sleep again (or at all, for those of us who have non-sleepers to start). It just takes time and some more maturity. I would love to say that 5 months is better, but so far, no dice. He still is not close to sttn. About every 3 hours still for us. But he is huge and probably used all the milk and needs more. I will wait patiently. Or at least pretend I am being patient!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search