Sleeping setbacks... :(

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2012, 07:12 AM
My little guy will be 5 months on March 2nd. He was doing soooo well with sleeping through the night for awhile there, and now suddenly the past week or two he's been waking up 2-3 times a night again. Seems like he is back to his old schedule of waking every 4 hours for a diaper change, feeding, the whole shabang everytime. We think it has to do with teething but we're giving tylenol and baby orajel. What else can we do?

Anyone else having setbacks with sleep all of a sudden? Is this normal I wonder?
February 24th, 2012, 09:53 AM
lulumama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it's pretty normal. Owen was never sleeping through the night completely but he was doing one long stint (like 6 or even 7 hours) but now he's back to waking up a lot - he goes to bed at 7 and tends to wake up 3 times or sometimes even 4 before he's up for the day at 7:30. He's not teething yet I think it's a growth spurt or something maybe? I'm hoping he'll outgrow it at some point soon, but I'm not ready to do CIO or anything so I might just be stuck with this pattern for a while....

Forever missing our baby boy, Otis Allen, born September 12, 2010 at 41 wks; left this world 36 hours later.

Blessed with our Maui Miracle - Owen Kekoa, born 9/19/11 at 35w3d!
February 24th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Ok so I'm stupid... What's "CIO" ?
February 24th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeysMommy10211 View Post
Ok so I'm stupid... What's "CIO" ?
CIO stands for Crying it out.

From what it sounds like, it's typical of this age. Audrina was also sleeping really well at night but then when she got her 4 month shots a week ago, that all changed. Just like your little one, she's acting like a new born all over again. Up evert 2-3 hours to eat and having a hard time getting back to sleep as well!

I also have been seeing signs of teething with my little one too! So maybe that is also contributing to the sleepless nights.

February 24th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Idk whats normal but i wish you luck. Brooke has been on the same schedule for a few weeks. She goes to bed around 10:30 and is up at 5 then goes back to bed from 5:30, 6 ish to 8:00.

February 24th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
the twins are back to getting up every 2 hours. I will never do the CIO thing so im stuck being tired for while.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search