How far apart...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Regular
...in age are your kids, or if you only have one but want more, when do you plan on having #2?

When Serafina was born I wanted to wait so she'd be at least 2 1/2 by the time baby #2 arrived, but all of a sudden that feels like forever and I want to get pregnant again ASAP. But then I wonder if I could handle two little ones...

I know my husband would prefer to wait a little bit but would still be happy if I got pregnant now. I practice NFP and kind of feel like just doing nothing in the way of trying or avoiding and see what happens.
February 24th, 2012, 11:48 AM
AJ's Mom's Avatar Veteran
Ours are almost 3 years apart. AJ was potty trained by the time Connor was born which was a huge help. He was old enough not to be too jealous, but young enough for the first year to not really care. Now that he is 4 he loves to play with Connor and help him!

My brother and I were four years + apart and we had next to no relationship past early childhood, that is until adult hood. We were never in the same school or interested in the same things - we chose to have ours a closer together to avoid this.
February 24th, 2012, 01:35 PM
kdmommie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My boys are just over 3 years apart. They love each other so much. If Logan wouldn't have been a surprise we would have waited until Ian was 4 to have another. I think the sibling relationship depends on the people. My siblings are 5, 9 & 15 years older than me. We aren't close. My sisters are 6 years apart and are extremely close. I know for me having a 3 year old and a newborn was TOUGH. Almost too tough.

February 24th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Super Mommy
My children will be 21 months apart by the time baby 2 arrives. I may be insane but my bff has a 2 and they are 3 years a part and i swear there were so many times I thought the older one was going to seriously hurt the baby. I also have a friend who's children are like 18 months apart and they are as thick as thieves. Honestly though I think it comes down to their personalities and how you handle it. We weren't "trying" to have them this close together but we figure it must be meant to be!
February 24th, 2012, 08:53 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we're trying for baby #2 now. My sister and I are also 4.5 years apart and frankly, I didn't really like her until she was about 20. She was always following me everywhere and irritating me growing up. I'd like mine to be closer together.
February 25th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Regular
My sister and I are 6 years apart. We weren't close until we were adults. But my brother and I are 2 years apart and have always been close. I'd like Serafina to be close to her sibling(s) when she's young.
February 27th, 2012, 10:40 AM
afauce
We are talking about trying to conceive next year. We are going to talk more seriously about it next January. So they will be about 3 years apart.
February 27th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Veteran
I have 4 kids. My oldest is 10, then the twins are 8 and then Brit is 1. One good thing about having the kids close together is all of the toys are pretty much the same. I worry about Britney getting into something (Legos) which can be a choking hazard. That being said, I love, love, love seeing the love and caring my boys show their sister.
February 28th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Asher and Isla are 2 years 5 days apart. Isla and Grayson are 17 months apart. Grayson and Hadley will be 19 months apart. I like the closer age gaps.

February 28th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Love Leigh.'s Avatar Love My Girls ♥
Send a message via MSN to Love Leigh.
Bells is almost 11 years old, so quite an age gap between her and Dylan. Dyl and #3 will be (going by my due date) around 15 months apart.

Credit to claire1979 for the amazing siggies!
March 7th, 2012, 08:33 AM
AprylLynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tyler and Alyssa are 13 months apart. We are planning (if money allows) to ttc in july 2014. So there will be a few years gap between them.

Visit my blog:http://adventuresofamom.blog.com/
March 13th, 2012, 12:50 PM
MommyMelissa's Avatar *Melissa*
I wanted my children to be 2 1/2 years apart and sure enough.... they are exactly 2 1/2 years apart. I think it's a perfect age!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search