spending the night somewhere questions

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Has anyone's LO spent the night somewhere yet without you?

When will you let them stay somewhere without you?

Brooke hasnt yet.

DH doesnt want her to until she is a year old. Idk what i think yet. I was thinking she could this summer.

February 24th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
No neirther of my girls have but I cant even consider it unfilled Alex is weaned so after she is one
It will be awhile before I leave her I am going out of town with Alex leaving my older dd with dh and am super nervous about it she is 2.5 and the only time I left her overnight was to have Alex but if you did leave her with someone she knows and you trust there is nothing wrong with that my bff already have a trip to Vegas planned for after Alex is weaned so we can go kidless

February 24th, 2012, 09:38 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Marsi hasn't...even when she was in the hospital for 5 days I was right there sleeping in the hospital and the nurses woke me up to feed her since I couldn't sleep in the same room as her. She could theoretically sleep somewhere else for a night since she drinks my milk from a bottle most of the day. We don't have any need for that yet so I don't see it happening any time soon. It is already hard enough for me not to call DH 5 times during the day to check on them while I am at work.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

February 25th, 2012, 04:35 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Nope, Audrina is alsways with us at night. I'm not even close to ready to leaving her with someone overnight.

She does come with us to stay other places over night though We stayed at a friend's place on New Year's Eve and she also stays at our in-laws with us when we visit them!

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

February 25th, 2012, 06:57 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
No way here. I was crazy nervous about leaving Liam with someone when we had kieran. We got lucky and I put him down to bed before my water broke, so a friend of ours slept with him that night and my mom was there the next night. He did fine, since he was in his bed/house. But I am not ready for even him to sleep somewhere without me. I have no desire to leave him again for a while. Keiran will be even longer, since he certainly won't take a bottle and I doubt I will want to leave him earlier than Liam. But I am weird about stuff like that. A little controlling.
February 25th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well i'm glad im not the only one who isn't comfortable with it yet. I just dont want to wait too long. DH's little cousin wont stay anywhere and she is 10. She tried to stay at her grandmothers house when her mom went away and she was almost in tears the entire time til they took her home. I just dont want brooke to be like that.

February 25th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Joey's been sleeping over at my mom's house since he was around 2 months old. she loves it, and its a nice break. she has a crib and everything for him.

*thank you*Kiliki*

February 26th, 2012, 06:26 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenmarie View Post
Well i'm glad im not the only one who isn't comfortable with it yet. I just dont want to wait too long. DH's little cousin wont stay anywhere and she is 10. She tried to stay at her grandmothers house when her mom went away and she was almost in tears the entire time til they took her home. I just dont want brooke to be like that.
Honestly, I don't think it has anything to do with early exposure or "getting used to it." Some kids are just going to be like that. I stayed at people's houses from an early age (mom says she remembers it being under 6 months), and yet I hated staying over when I got older. I would cry and want to come home. Honestly , til I was solidly 14 I was like that. It got better in my teen years. And it did not affect my emotional health to be like that. I moved out at 16 and am a very independent person. But I still don't like to be alone in the house at night. I think it just depends on personality.
February 26th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Stefanie1023's Avatar Super Mommy
My babies stay at my parents from time to time either together, or sometimes by themselves. My mom has a guestroom with twin beds and a pack and play and they sleep in there. Since my mom is my primary babysitter she pretty much has everything at her house that i have as far as equipment (bouncer, swing, toys) and even baby formula/food. My girls love it and I get a good nights sleep and some time with DH. I was always close with my grandparents and always stayed with them so i'm happy that my girls get the same experience!

Thank you Cavewoman for my beautiful siggy!

February 27th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I won't inflict Maggie on anyone until she's sleeping through the night, and since she appears to be nowhere near doing that yet, I think it'll be a while!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search