CDing and solids

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
OK, so we are going to be starting solids soon, so I am trying to figure out how washing our cloth diapers will go. Shaking out the poo was always the thing that scared me off of going full-on cloth with Jim, so I'm feeling completely intimidated at this point and wondering if I want to call the diaper service again...but I also feel like we've invested a lot of money in the cloth inserts for our Best Bottoms and I don't want to spend money on a diaper service if I don't have to.

So, somebody talk me through all this...are liners the way to go maybe? I mean, I think we could do the grab-the-liner-and-poop-and-toss-in-toilet thing, but I don't see DH going for a diaper sprayer. And I'd feel bad inflicting that on the nanny--I want to keep her as happy as possible so she keeps doing my dishes and folding my laundry.

February 28th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I am in the same boat. I love cding but I really dont know how Im going to feel about it once I have to start scraping poo....

I'd go the liner route, but we have a septic, and liners are a big no-no...

February 28th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
get a diaper sprayer.. for real they are worth every single penny! it attaches to the toilet and you can just spray the gross sticky poo right into the bowl, no poop hands!!!

February 28th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, I'm thinking the flushable liners might be the solution...I just think carrying a wet pail down our scary narrow stairs to our washer/dryer is a bad idea, KWIM? So dealing with solid poop is going to be thing. I guess the liners would help with staining too, right?

February 28th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
See, I just can't picture DH using the diaper sprayer. Even carrying the poop-and-liner to the toilet could be a problem for him.

February 28th, 2012, 03:36 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
We love our diaper sprayer. But all told, DH just does not spray them off. He leaves them for me. Could that be a solution for you? Having a small wet bag by the toilet for the dirty inserts and your doing them? I know it does not sound fun, but it would be better than pissing the nanny off or making DH stop using them. And you would not have to resort to a service. I really don't find it that bad. We started Liam after solids were already in the picture, so it was all I knew at first. I felt so spoiled when I had kieran and did not have to do any of it! Lol. But all in all, it is gross about one or twice a month where I am really over having to spray them. But then I get over it for another month.
February 28th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm just wondering, would flushable inserts solve my problem? I think I can see DH and the nanny being cool with that if they would work to catch the solids that we could then toss into the toilet, KWIM? It's the shaking out the poo/rinsing the diaper part that I think is a bridge too far...I don't know, I guess I need to talk to DH about it and see what he'd be willing to do...

February 28th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
Yes they are really nicethat way it all just plops off in the toilet most of the time I used them with Elise I like the ones they sell a bru, I prefer them to mydiaper sprayer as sometimes the sprayer got water everywhere unless you did it just right

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search