Clothes

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2012, 08:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I recently stopped shopping at a boutique store I bought nearly ALL of Sophia's clothing because of the terrible service, if you can even call it that, that I received. So now I have to find a new place to buy cute funky clothes. I have Children's Place, Oshkosh, Carter's, and Gymboree nearby but would like more options. Gymboree is my top pick from the places I named but I also like cute funky clothes so I need ideas of where to shop. Oh, and I tried Zulily found some cute things but not crazy about the quality of the items I received.
Where do you ladies shop for your little ones?
March 3rd, 2012, 11:57 AM
brie_91's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Target. lol. 90% of Sadie's clothes are from Target and the rest I get from The Childrens Place or Crazy 8. I splurge when it comes to shoes for her, but I just buy whatever is cute and cheap as far as clothes go. Sorry I'm no help
March 4th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Regular
I'm not sure what qualifies as funky baby clothes, but I get a lot of cute stuff from Kohls since my mom works there.
March 5th, 2012, 07:52 AM
azrunningmom's Avatar Julie S
I don't spend a lot on clothes because they outgrow them so fast. I usually buy Taylor's clothes at Target, Old Navy, Kohls and occasionally Children's Place if they are having a sale. I'm prob not much help either
Baby Taylor arrived on 01/04/2011 at 9:26pm weighing 7lbs 8oz and 19 inches long

March 7th, 2012, 07:28 AM
AprylLynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get pretty much all of her clothing from target. But occasionally sears and walmart.

Visit my blog:http://adventuresofamom.blog.com/
March 8th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Jennyt13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well - i have a boy - so I buy a lot of sweats and t-shirts for the week, and cute shirts and jeans for the weekend. I know - what kind of help am I??? NONE! Sorry!!! Good luck! Looks like your looking for some cute, unique clothes, which you aren't going to find at Target, Khols, or any of the chain places... can you do a search for more boutiques around you - or look to see if a boutique sells on line?? I also assume you spend good money on her clothes - since you shop boutiques... so, I'd just look online and see what you come up with Maybe find a place who will pay for returns if you don't like it... again - good luck!

Michael Joseph Born 1/14/11 at 2:46pm
Baby Christian - born into heaven at 22 weeks gestation - 7/14/12

Starting IVF/PGD - September 2012
47 eggs retrieved (OUCH!)
38 eggs mature
26 eggs fertilized
10 embryos biopsied
3 embryos - 2 boys, 1 girl are waiting to be transferred - transferring 1 boy 1 girl on first FET!!!

2/12/13 - FET - Cancelled due to fluid in the uterus
2/20/13 - Hysteroscopy scheduled - 1 polyp removed.

4/10/13 - FET - 2 embies transferred as planned! 1 boy 1 girl!
4/22/13 - Trying to wait to test - Beta scheduled!! -
7/31/13 - FET - 1 embie transferred - 1 boy
8/7/13 - 7dp5dt - - but very light
8/9/13 - 9dp5dt - - no mistaking this one!
8/12/13 - 1st Beta scheduled - 64
8/14/13 - 2nd Beta scheduled - only 10
03/03/14 - FET #3 - 1 embie transferred - 1 girl
3/11/14 - FAINT BFP
3/13/14 - HCG only 20.2
3/17/14 - HCG rose to 151!!!
3/20/14 - HCG rose again - 630! Nurse was in shock!
3/27/14 - Ultrasound scheduled - HB Found! 6w1d 124bpm
4/3/14 - Second Ultrasound - Still doing well!
4/14/14 - First OB appointment - looking good!
March 8th, 2012, 06:20 PM
brie_91's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you checked out Mud Pie? They have really cute stuff! Sometimes Totsy will have cute clothes too.
April 3rd, 2012, 01:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay, so I know it's been a while since I posted on this BUT I actually found a Hanna Andersson and they have a store locally. I had heard of it but saw their products while shopping at Costco. They had dresses which I happened to love and at half the price the actual store sells them. I also found a body suit at their store so Sophia doesn't burn while swimming! I also went to Crazy 8 and bought hats and pjs, and leggings for like $2. I also shopped from Zulilly but it took them like a month to send out the clothes. Sophia grows fast, as most kids, and she's tall so I was afraid the clothes wouldn't fit her but she was okay. I also realized they sell some of the same brands that Buy Buy Baby sells like Penelope Mack. I also purchased some clothes for fall that were on sale at Buy Buy Baby. And I know it sounds like I shop a lot but I shop on sale and I buy stuff like a size or two bigger. For example I bought her summer t-shirts last summer but they were big so I used them as pjs but now she's using them as regular shirts around the house
Jenny, I do like unique clothing, but can't bring myself to pay full price because they do grow out of their clothes quickly. Not to mention I can't imagine paying $60 on everyday wear for a toddler that likes to play and wear food more than eat it
April 21st, 2012, 09:52 PM
Carmela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I rarely buy new clothes for Aurora. Here were have big consignment sales twice a year and I have started buying the majority of the kids clothes there. This past one I actually sold stuff in it too, so I ended up making enough from what I sold to cover everything I bought, plus a little more. Of course I was also selling some baby equipment (bouncer chair, toys, things like that) as well as clothes, so that helped me make more than I would have with just the clothes.

But I would recommend looking at local consignment stores. Sometimes the stuff is even still new with tags (I know some of the stuff I sold was.) People that buy nice stuff don't like to just give it away most of the time, so they sell it and you make more from a consignment store sale than a yard sale.

April 23rd, 2012, 05:29 PM
afauce
I shop at target, kohls and such but i honestly havent bought ethan a ton of stuff because my mom does a lot.
May 29th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I buy TONS of Kynslee's clothes at yard sales. I love shoes and hair accessories and Kynslee is almost always dressed from head to toe -lol! I always get comments about how cute she's dressed or how they love her outfit. Or how cute she matches and that's she a fashion queen ect... and most of her clothes come from yardsales and some from ebay.

Ebay is a great place to shop for certain items that you may be looking for. I also started recently shopping at JcPenny's for Kynslee as they have 'true denim' for infants and most places don't. I'm picky about her clothes and like the true denim look rather then the big elastic pants (especially since Kynslee is SOO skinny). Never realized that Penny's had cute clothes for infants but I think they do.
Baby #2 is on the way!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search