First Night Away

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2012, 08:32 AM
kdmommie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Logan spent his first night away from home last night. I was miserable. I kept having bad dreams. At 4 I remember being awake and thinking "this night is never going to end!" This morning I was pretty engorged and hurting. I nursed him as soon as he got home and felt so much better. My mom said he did pretty good last night. So I'm glad to know he can be without me.

March 5th, 2012, 12:03 PM
azrunningmom's Avatar Julie S
not gonna lie...I'm a little jealous you got a night away!! We have kinda had 2-she stayed with our parents across the hotel hallway I'm dying for her to have a sleep over where I can sleep in my own bed
Baby Taylor arrived on 01/04/2011 at 9:26pm weighing 7lbs 8oz and 19 inches long

March 5th, 2012, 07:11 PM
afauce
Ethan has had one night away from us (aside from the night I was in the Er when he was 3 days old and he slept in the room across the hall with my mom because I was so doped up from pain meds) and it was hard. It was ncie to have a night with just Dh though. BUT I dont breastfeed so I do not have that worry.
March 6th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Jennyt13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had a night away recently - we went away - my inlaws stayed by our house.

He woke up at like midnight - and I forgot to tell them that if he wakes in the middle of the night - just wander in there in the dark, and rock him - he will go right to sleep again. So - they took him out and played with him!

I'm not nursing anymore though - if I were - I would have freaked too. I had an opportunity for a night away last summer - and said no way! DH went though!

Michael Joseph Born 1/14/11 at 2:46pm
Baby Christian - born into heaven at 22 weeks gestation - 7/14/12

Starting IVF/PGD - September 2012
47 eggs retrieved (OUCH!)
38 eggs mature
26 eggs fertilized
10 embryos biopsied
3 embryos - 2 boys, 1 girl are waiting to be transferred - transferring 1 boy 1 girl on first FET!!!

2/12/13 - FET - Cancelled due to fluid in the uterus
2/20/13 - Hysteroscopy scheduled - 1 polyp removed.

4/10/13 - FET - 2 embies transferred as planned! 1 boy 1 girl!
4/22/13 - Trying to wait to test - Beta scheduled!! -
7/31/13 - FET - 1 embie transferred - 1 boy
8/7/13 - 7dp5dt - - but very light
8/9/13 - 9dp5dt - - no mistaking this one!
8/12/13 - 1st Beta scheduled - 64
8/14/13 - 2nd Beta scheduled - only 10
03/03/14 - FET #3 - 1 embie transferred - 1 girl
3/11/14 - FAINT BFP
3/13/14 - HCG only 20.2
3/17/14 - HCG rose to 151!!!
3/20/14 - HCG rose again - 630! Nurse was in shock!
3/27/14 - Ultrasound scheduled - HB Found! 6w1d 124bpm
4/3/14 - Second Ultrasound - Still doing well!
4/14/14 - First OB appointment - looking good!
March 7th, 2012, 06:27 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had one night away last September and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I'm trying to get DH to go away for a weekend with me in May but no luck yet.
March 7th, 2012, 07:24 AM
AprylLynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am not brave enough to be away from her for a night. I would most likely do what you did. I have only been away from Tyler when I was in the hospital having Alyssa. I dont think Im ready to not have my babies in their bed. They would have a blast at grandmas but I would be a mess lol

Visit my blog:http://adventuresofamom.blog.com/
March 8th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Regular
I'm also not ready for a night away from my baby. So far I've only put her to bed and then left for a couple hours. She still wants to nurse sometimes during the night (she doesn't take a bottle) so I always worry she'll wake up, even though most of the time she doesn't.
March 9th, 2012, 09:59 AM
jaime9's Avatar Veteran
For those that co-sleep and nurse,how does your LO do when away in someone elses bed?
My first night away is next weekend.Anthony is going to stay with my sister and co-sleep with her.I'm wondering if he is going to 1)fall asleep without the nursing 2)stay asleep all night without nursing
He normally wakes and nurses 1-2x during the night with me
March 9th, 2012, 11:53 AM
kdmommie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Logan usually has a bottle before bed. Most nights I do nurse him back to sleep in the middle of the night. When he stayed with my mom she said he was awake and crying like every 5 minutes for about an hour. She gave him water and rubbed his back. After that hour she said he slept fine.

March 16th, 2012, 06:19 PM
brie_91's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm nervous for Sadie to stay the night somewhere else! Jim tried to take her when she was like a month old and I cried for hours just thinking about it!! I admit it would be nice getting a full night sleep, but like you Kendra, I would probably be up all night thinking and worrying about her.

I do plan on leaving her with my mom for my 21st bday weekend while I go to Vegas with some friends, but she'll be almost 2 by then and hopefully she will be STTN and I wont have to worry so much.
April 3rd, 2012, 01:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't sleep without Sophia being next to me. If she's not there then I can't sleep. I would LOVE to sleep by myself, sea starring across my bed, with no one else but my blankets. I mean, no DH, no one but me in my bed. But for the life of me I just can't do it. When Sophia was a newborn I couldn't even nap without her, like during the recovery period---I think it was the PPD. Now I can sleep (like take a nap) if I know she's in the house, but can't imagine her being away at night. And I think I'm the only person in the world that still breastfeeds their child more than once at night when they're over the age of one.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search