What would it take?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By lindz_fay
  • 1 Post By Seattlite

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2012, 11:56 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
to get more members to post on JM than on facebook? I miss our active board...We were one of the most active on the top 50 for months, and now we aren't even active enough to bother signing up...I've stopped posting in the facebook group and will now only post on JM...I wish others would do the same

March 6th, 2012, 12:55 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I dunno how to get people back either. We were rocking it and now it's dead I want to see all the babies who were expected and hear how they are doing. That Facebook group really kills things. August PR doesn't have one and I lurk on their board just because it is crazy busy. We should lure them with chocolate!!
March 6th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree--it's kind of a bummer that it's so slow over here now when it's so active over on the Facebook group. I wish JM had an iPhone app, I think that would make a huge difference in participation here.

The PR from when I had Jim basically died out after a big group left to go to some other site (not sure why they left, but they did). It's a bummer because I'd love to chat with folks about starting kindergarten in the fall, but there's like 2 people posting there nowadays--in fact it merged with another PR that also had very little participation. I think it's fairly common for folks to drift away over time, but in our case I think it's more because Facebook is just so much more convenient.

March 6th, 2012, 02:20 PM
I didn't like when the facebook group first started, and I didn't post in there for a long time...eventually I gave in since everyone was posting....I hate it! I think it's killing JM...This is my first time in a playroom after trying to get pregnant for so long, and it just sucks that not many even post here ...Beth my son just started kindergarten this year if you have any questions! it's such an exciting time...Jack loves it!!!

March 6th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so excited for Jim to start K, I'm not even remotely nervous about how he'll do. I was 6 months ago, but he's come a long way emotionally since then and now I think he'll be fine, I think he's totally ready to learn. Our big thing now is picking the right school in our district, Seattle is big and there are lots of choices and our neighborhood school is only so-so, so we're trying to get into some of the magnet programs instead. We turned in our paperwork today so we'll see what happens when they do the lottery for the magnet programs, I think we find out in April or May if we got into any of our requested schools.

I really think the Facebook group is why it's slow here--lots of moms have said that they can't get on JM as easily as they can get on Facebook. Kind of a bummer.

Last edited by Seattlite; March 6th, 2012 at 02:29 PM.
March 6th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
hmm im not sure, i dont post a ton in the FB group but i will from time to time, i lurk it a lot though, i love seeing everyones cuties!

I miss it being active too, any chance we will merge with another PR? I noticed november 2011 doesnt look really busy either.

March 6th, 2012, 04:01 PM
lulumama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not on the FB group but the reason I don't post here very much is because it's so complicated from my phone! If JM had an iphone app, I'd be on here ALL THE TIME. I just rarely get my laptop open anymore and don't have the patience to login and post from my phone.

Forever missing our baby boy, Otis Allen, born September 12, 2010 at 41 wks; left this world 36 hours later.

Blessed with our Maui Miracle - Owen Kekoa, born 9/19/11 at 35w3d!
March 6th, 2012, 07:14 PM
MissMac's Avatar Amelia's Mommy
Honestly, for me it's because I get notifications to my e-mail anytime someone posts in the FB group, so it reminds me to stay active. Also, I can post from my phone when I'm thinking about it instead of forgetting before I manage to get to a computer. It does suck, but it's just about the convenience of the FB page for most people.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum!

March 6th, 2012, 07:46 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I used to be on the FB group. I am no longer in it at all so this is the only place to post for me. I am sad because with recent events it would be nice to see if anyone else is having medical troubles with their little ones. I agree that if there was an app for JM a lot more people would come here.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 6th, 2012, 11:35 PM
lindz_fay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For me it has been the convenience factor but I have been trying to come back over here more often. I feel more comfortable here and at home.
MeganMomof5 likes this.

thank you bri_91 for my siggy

March 7th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMac View Post
Honestly, for me it's because I get notifications to my e-mail anytime someone posts in the FB group, so it reminds me to stay active. Also, I can post from my phone when I'm thinking about it instead of forgetting before I manage to get to a computer. It does suck, but it's just about the convenience of the FB page for most people.
FYI, you can set it up to get e-mails when people post to this site too. At the top of the list of threads there's a link that says "Forum Tools"--click on that and then click on "Subscribe to this forum" and you can choose Daily or Weekly notifications. It's not as instant as Facebook notifications but at least it reminds folks to come over once a day, KWIM?
MeganMomof5 likes this.

March 7th, 2012, 10:21 AM
I think we can bring the board back

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search