Spit-up

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Megan's doctor trip today got me wondering, how much is everyone's baby spitting up these days? Like, how much quantity-wise, and how frequently?

March 7th, 2012, 09:36 AM
debraf555's Avatar Christmas Baby on the Way
Luigi has been spitting up a lot more recently . . . it seems to be going hand-in-hand with starting solids. He spits up about a teaspoon amount when he burps after his bottles. Throughout the day, not after his bottles, I would say he spits up about 5 times. It is never a lot . . . a teaspoon or two each time.
March 7th, 2012, 09:39 AM
lulumama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Owen spits up pretty regularly (couple times a day, though not predictably after a feed, sometimes it's like an hour later!) and it's usually just a little dribble, though occasionally it's a tablespoon or so. I was freaking out about it then someone told me to measure out an ounce of regular milk and pour it on the floor to see how much an ounce would spill (it goes EVERYWHERE!) and I realized he's spitting up less than an ounce every time.

He's been on zantac since he was 8 weeks old or so, I wish it helped keep the spit-up down. It does make it so it doesn't bother him (he used to scream when he spit up) so that's a relief at least.

Forever missing our baby boy, Otis Allen, born September 12, 2010 at 41 wks; left this world 36 hours later.

Blessed with our Maui Miracle - Owen Kekoa, born 9/19/11 at 35w3d!
March 7th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Audri spits up a little here and there... if she's sitting up right after eating, that's a whole different story. She spits up a ton it seems when she's upright!

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

March 7th, 2012, 12:00 PM
lindz_fay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our spit up seems to be improving. It use to be a large amount almost every feeding but seems to be just small amount here and there this week. Hope it stays this way and isn't just a tease.

thank you bri_91 for my siggy

March 8th, 2012, 07:35 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
He spits a few times a day, more in the evening for some reason. It's prolly a tablespoon or so. Not terribly a lot. He is also on Zantac, which helps the comfort level. He was a silent reflux kid though. Not much ever came out. He does it more when he eats too much, of course.
March 8th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Huh, I think Maggie is spitting up a lot more frequently than you guys are describing. I mean some days she doesn't spit up at all but most days she spits up a little bit after pretty much every feed--sometimes right after, sometimes an hour later. Like, a teaspoon or two, and it's usually kind of mucousy and/or like a runny cottage cheese type stuff. And then maybe 2-3 times a week, she spits up a LOT of milk, like in the Exorcist. (That's when my PTSD gets set off, not when she just spits up a teaspoon or two.) That's always immediately after a feed, not an hour later--we know we're out of the danger zone for that when a half-hour has gone by and she hasn't had a big puke.

She doesn't seem bothered by it, like, she's not crying or anything, so I figure it's not a big deal? But maybe it's something I should bring up with her ped?

March 8th, 2012, 11:45 AM
army_wife1008's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to army_wife1008
Ava does not spit up at ALL. She has literally spit up like 5 times, ever. (Thank you God for answering that prayer!). Travis still pukes, so there is enough of that for at least 10 kids.
March 8th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Chelsea, I'm so glad Ava's not a puker like her brother! Do they think his will ever get better? It's because of his NG tube messing with his esophagus, right?

March 8th, 2012, 08:05 PM
lulumama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattlite View Post
She doesn't seem bothered by it, like, she's not crying or anything, so I figure it's not a big deal? But maybe it's something I should bring up with her ped?
I don't think you need to be worried, it sounds really normal but you could always bring it up with her ped just to be sure.

Forever missing our baby boy, Otis Allen, born September 12, 2010 at 41 wks; left this world 36 hours later.

Blessed with our Maui Miracle - Owen Kekoa, born 9/19/11 at 35w3d!
March 9th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Brooke spits up a few times a day. Its usually only maybe a tsp. Once in a while she will projectile vomit but thats only like twice a month. When she does spit up its after she nurses. Most of the time it just looks like milk once in a while its the white cottage cheese stuff.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search