Child care

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Those of you using child care, how is it going?

I am actually starting this thread just so I can brag about our nanny. OMG you guys, she folds our clothes and does our dishes!!! Do you know how much I hate to fold laundry? And of course, Maggie completely loves her, she lights up with a big grin when the nanny arrives. Also, her family is totally in love with Maggie--I think her mom reaaallllyyyy wants grandbabies but our nanny and her sisters aren't anywhere near ready to have kids (the oldest is just getting married this summer) so Maggie is now her surrogate granddaughter and she buys Maggie outfits and begs the nanny to bring her over to their house so she can fawn all over Maggie. I figure a baby can never have too many grandmothers, and if it takes the pressure off our poor nanny and her sisters to start making babies, then it's a win for everyone, right?

Anyway, she's amazing, so we're planning to give her a raise when she's been with us 2 months, which would be about a month from now.

March 13th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
That's so great she is working out so well

March 14th, 2012, 09:58 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I am loving these updates it is amazing how nicely someone can fit into your family, right?

I loved every second of being a nanny. I brought Julia to see my mom plenty of times. Kids with nannies win all around. Julia has me in her corner always. She told me two days ago "I love you forever and you love me forever," I almost bust into tears! I get to joy of knowing I was part of her life and helped contribute to the person she has become and she gets another parental figure and some siblings as well.

I always did laundry and dishes as well. And cleaned up their dining room. Julia's mom said she misses me coming to the house because I can't tell her where stuff is anymore!

Anyway, I am so glad you adore your nanny and that Maggie has so much love around her. A kid can never have too many pepople who love them! Never.
March 14th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashj_1218 View Post
Anyway, I am so glad you adore your nanny and that Maggie has so much love around her. A kid can never have too many pepople who love them! Never.
This is so true! I am happy to have as many grown-ups as possible doting on my kids. Honestly, I will cry huge tears if/when the nanny moves onto the next adventure in her life, and I am going to do whatever I can to keep her as long as possible!

March 15th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Anna.Loves.Toast's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love reading your nanny posts on facebook! You're so lucky to have her!
I'm no ttoo thrilled with our childcare options right now. At first I thought it would be great having Cody's parents watch the baby, but now I think outside daycare would be better, if we could afford it.
The first day they watched him for a full 9 hours, they had gone out and bought disposable diapers and put them on him, even though I provided plenty of cloth (all-in-ones), a wetbag and wipes. Not only did they put him in sposies, but they lied ablut it. I freaked out when I got home, thinking my baby had only been changed twice the whole day, since that's how many dirty cloth dipes were in the bag.
More recently, we got into an argument about guns in the house. I don't care if they're in the house (i'd rather them not be there, but i have no control over that), but I want them to be out of reach, out of sight, put away where they belong. 2 weeks ago we went there and it was just laying out on the dining room table. The next day it was on a counter in the kitchen. I had Cody say something to his dad, and his response was-the baby can't reach it! and my grandson will no not to touch it.
I DON'T THINK SO! I told him that if they don't keep it put away, then he won't be going over there.
So now they keep it put up, but he's not happy about it. I just feel like they keep challenging my parenting choices. They're constantly asking when I'm going to start feeding him, because he's just starving now and always hungry. I'm worried that they're going to go behind my back and start giving him food.
On top of all that, they always mention how fussy he is during the day, cody's dad says he can only handle the baby for 2-3 hours, cody's mom is the one who said she would watch him, but i know she's spending a lot of time on the computer when he's there. I just don't know what to do.

My mom watched the baby every wednesday, and I wish she was able to do it every day. He always naps great with her, she says he hardly fusses. She plays with him, takes him for a walk and sings to him. The only problem we have with her is she doesn't fasten the diapers tight enough and he pees onto his clothes lol.

Sorry this post turned into a huge vent!
March 16th, 2012, 10:43 AM
debraf555's Avatar Christmas Baby on the Way
I think it's great that you are having such an amazing experience with your nanny! I barely trust my husband with Luigi so I can only imagine what kind of freak I would be if I didn't find someone as awesome as your nanny!

I am lucky to be able to stay home with Luigi and my Mom comes over a few times a week to give us a hand. We have never left him with anyone but her.
March 16th, 2012, 07:14 PM
lindz_fay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It makes me smile everytime you talk about your Nanny. I am so happy for you that you found such a great fit for you and your family. I hope she sticks around for a long time.

Right now I am lucky because my sister in law is laid off but I am dreading the day she goes back to work. I will be happy for her but sad for me because I will have to make new arrangments. It is so nice being able to only leave my kids with family right now.

thank you bri_91 for my siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search