Vacation Update

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2012, 09:31 AM
debraf555's Avatar Luig's Momma!
Our 3 day trip wasn't as bad as I was preparing for. There were good and bad points.

I seriously over-packed! When we were getting ready I took out everything I wanted to take for me and Luigi and then I put half of it back. And I still over-packed! The one thing I don't think I had enough of was toys. He got pretty bored quickly with the stuff I brought for him. At home we have a million options and I think he is used to that.

Luigi slept like a champ at night! Just like at home! However, he decided that he would not take any naps during the day. He stayed up all day and by 5pm he was completely overtired and INSANE! I would get him to take about a 20 minute nap around that time and it helped him fall asleep pretty easily for his regular bedtime of 9pm.

My ipad saved the day with some of the kiddie apps I had downloaded for him. They kept him pretty entertained when we were in the car and he was at his fussiest!

All in all I think it went pretty well. Better than I thought! And taking a short trip first was a good idea to see what kind of traveler he is. We are going away for 10 days over the summer when he is around 10 months old. I am starting to feel better about that! Except we will be flying so I figure in about a month or two I will start stressing out about planning for that! LOL!
March 16th, 2012, 08:07 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
So glad your first trip was such a success! That is reassuring and I am sure he will be fabulous on your summer trip. If packing a little extra was the worst of it (that you could control) I say you did great! Hopefully by summer he will be more inclined to nap while you are away...it he might just not have wanted to miss anything this time around Welcome back.

Super big thanks to Jaidynsmum for my cool siggy!
March 20th, 2012, 06:39 PM
debraf555's Avatar Luig's Momma!
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

As good as it was to get away, I am happy to be home. I think Luigi is too. If nothing else I learned that my boy is a creature of habit just like his Momma! He fell right back into his old routines!
March 21st, 2012, 05:06 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
im glad it went well! I always WAY over pack for trips too, im getting better at it slowly though!

Dont worry about flying, we flew last summer when my oldest son was about 11 months old, he did awesome, its a bit easier when they are more mobile and independent, i packed about a million toys but he really had no interest in them, he loved looking around at everything and chatting to all the new people around him

March 21st, 2012, 07:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oooh, that is a good idea--we should totally take Maggie and Jim out to the coast for a long weekend before we take our week-long trip to Hawaii, so we can see how Maggie travels. I have been looking for an excuse to spend a weekend at the beach...

I'm so glad the trip went well!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search