How soon is to soon for another baby?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Preston2011's Avatar Member
I really want to try for a little girl and I want my kids to be close in age but im not sure about the timing, my son is 5 months how long do you think I should wait to try again?

March 19th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
physically, i think they say to wait a year after a c section due to having had your uterus cut. I had a c section with the twins and i dont feel like my body is back to normal yet. That could be the c section and it could be because i had twins.

Emotionally, i guess everyone is different. Only you could know. I personally would love to have another baby already but i want to enjoy this moment with the twins.
March 20th, 2012, 06:43 PM
debraf555's Avatar Luig's Momma!
I also had a c-section. My doctor told me that I shouldn't start trying until after she sees me in April.

My husband is 50 and I am 33 . . . if we want more children the clock is ticking for us! My husband will not be interested in diapers and teething after he RETIRES in 7 years! LMAO!
March 20th, 2012, 08:26 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
It is different for different people. I have not had my fertility return so automatically, my body is not ready for another child. Emotionally, I think it would be nice to have my children close in age. I would like to be trying for a second child right around Marsi's birthday. I know a lady that was part of this board is already pregnant again so it is different for everyone. Good luck with trying for a little girl!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 21st, 2012, 05:04 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
It really is such a huge difference from person to person, my first boys are 2 days shy of 15 months apart, which probably has some people thinking im nuts! Id love to have a third child like right now, so we arent preventing anything but we also wont try until this summer, because id really like to have a spring baby

March 21st, 2012, 07:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
DH and his sister are 2 years and one month apart and they have a great relationship. My sister and I are 6 1/2 years apart and we had a rocky relationship until she went off to college and we stopped sharing a bathroom--then we started getting along really well! I think there is no right answer, it's really up to you and your body.

March 21st, 2012, 09:34 AM
Preston2011's Avatar Member
thanks, im going to ask my GYN about it physically im probably not ready for it but emotionally I want another one so bad lol ill probably wait a while, I got pregnant at the end of january it would be nice to do that again then they can be close in birthdays. Is it true that once you have a csection you have to get one everytime?

March 21st, 2012, 11:57 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston2011 View Post
Is it true that once you have a csection you have to get one everytime?
Nope, you can try for a VBAC. Depending on where you live it may be hard to find a doc willing to do a VBAC, but they have been actually proven to be safer than to get additional c-sections.

Good luck whenever you try! I know for me, I am not ready for another any time soon To each their own!

March 21st, 2012, 12:17 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
My sister and I are about 11 years apart, and there is just the 2 of us, thats part of the reason i have always wanted my kids close together. My mother says they have 2 only children, and thats pretty much how i see it too, I moved when she was only 7, she doesnt really remember much of me ever living at home. Shes a really good kid and i love her but shes more my parents other kid than my sister, we never really had that bond or real sibling relationship

March 21st, 2012, 02:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
Like it was said to each there own I know the two year gap is hard but I like it the girls alreadyv play together and I like it but I know physically ( if I were having more) my doc said to not get pregnant within a year

March 21st, 2012, 02:50 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
All a very personal thing. Although I know that repeat sections too close together can cause some complications.

I love that my boys are under 2 years apart. They love each other and I bet they will have lots of fun when they get older. I think the gap works for us and we plan the next baby to be about the same distance apart. So that means we will try around the end of the year. I love being pregnant, so I know why I want to do it again so soon. For me, the newborn stage is tough, so I am not so keen to do that part right away!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search