I dont even know...LOL

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Alaska-Su

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Super Mommy
I am so confused right now. I told my DF's cousin that I would babysit her 1 yo little boy as long as I could bring Riley with me. That's the whole point of me being home right now, and she agreed that it was fine yada yada. She didn't tell me this kid has THE WORST case of Separation Anxiety ever. I mean as soon as his parents get their shoes on in the morning he is clinging and screaming and just so upset because he knows they are leaving. He screams and cries for nearly 6 hours until his afternoon nap and then screams himself to sleep in the crib for about 20 minutes then sleeps for about 2 hours until his dad gets home.

I deal with this 5 days a week and get paid $150/wk. Somehow it just doesn't seem worth it for $3.75 an hour. I mean I get more in unemployment benefits than that. 3x that much just about. And on top of that, I have to leave Riley with her mom or my MIL because I can't carry around a 1yo and a 4.5 month old and feed the two and blah blah blah.

On top of having to leave Riley at home she lectures me on his diaper changes like I don't know what I am doing. She told me from day 1 that he has to be changed every two hours unless he poops then sooner. I mean yeah that is how often I change Riley but apparently he has to have butt cream put on every diaper change. I didn't get the very top of his butt crack and she was like..."he has diaper rash, are you not putting the butt cream on?!?!"

I mean I know I am a new parent but my Lord. This kid is more needy than Riley.

So my question is, do I just tell her she has 2 weeks to find him someone to watch him that doesn't have a child? Or do I keep watching him for $150/wk that pays for gas to get to/from her house?

(She is a very very very very VERY controlling person with an attitude problem that makes many of her family members want to strangle her!)
March 24th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
Umm yeah, I wouldn't deal with that. That's not worth it to me, on top of leaving my child elsewhere either.
I would just tell her you can't handle it and you really want to spend the time with your baby.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
March 24th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Definitely not worth the money you're getting paid. I had to deal with that once. $20 for 8 hours of a screaming 1-year-old. He started crying because he was rolling around on the floor and he just barely, like so barely I wouldn't have known he touched my foot had I not been watching him, his head hit my toe. All the info I was given was, "Walk with him." I walked for so long that when I was done I had to drag my back pack that just had a few movies in it because my muscles were so tired my arms were shaking and I could barely grip anything.

If you can, ask for more. I mean even when I was a teen and babysat, I got at least $5 an hour.
Meggin21 likes this.

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

March 25th, 2012, 04:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Um ditch this. Quick lol. Yeah, give a 2 weeks notice of sorts, but if the mom is this picky now, I think things are going to go from bad to worse and you may make a teeny mistake and she'll be all over you for it. Then again, my last babysitting gig left a very sour taste in my mouth. Enough that I will likely never do it again as a regular job. I see this nutcase of a woman around town and she still gives me the evil eye, 3 years later. I'd be out of there so quick.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

March 25th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Super Mommy
Yeah this girl is engaged to DF's cousin and all she does is start drama in the family.

I think I will be giving my 2 weeks notice at some point this week...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search