clothing

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2012, 10:26 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
do you buy ahead for baby, or just as they need new sizes?

If you buy ahead, what sizes do you have now?

I like to buy ahead, but it depends on the money situation...during my pregnancy I mostly bought newborn and 0-3 months...Having 4 other kids to cloth, takes a lot of money...After Jakob was born I started to buy him 3-6 months, and then 6-9 (or 6-12)...I think he has enough for this spring summer, so i'm starting to buy 12 months +...When I was pregnant with Ella I gave bags and bags of Jack's baby clothes away thinking i'd never have another boy, so I don't have any hand me downs for Jakob...for some reason clothes stress me out if I don't have plenty in the next size, I guess i'm worried he'll go naked lol

April 4th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
I never buy ahead we have a ton of handmedowns from Elise but for Elise I like to keep a few things in the next size

April 4th, 2012, 10:59 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Wanna laugh? Before I had Liam...I had clothes all the way up to size FIVE! Lol. We still have the fours and fives in a box in his closet. I bought every size ahead, not a ton, but some of all the sizes. It was actually harder to figure out what sizes to buy in infants, since I did not know what size for what season. But I figured once they got to size two, they would pretty much wear one size for a year and could get use out of any I bought. Which has proven to be true for Liam. He just went into his threes.

For kieran, we have tons and tons of hand-me-downs. He skipped a whole years worth of clothes (he will wear what Liam wore his second summer this summer), but we had plenty of clothes anyway.

I still pickup clearance clothes for Liam when I see them. But now I figure kieran will pretty much get all of Liam's clothes, a few new ones for holidays and such. My mom gets a ton of clothes from her work, so we are lucky there. She bought Liam a whole fall wardrobe when it went on clearance recently.
April 4th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
That's funny ashlee he just went to 3's Elise just went into 5's

April 4th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I dont buy ahead bc i dont know what size she'll be in for the right season/weather conditions. She has some summer clothes that fit her now and she cant wear them bc its too cold. Plus my mil and mother buy too many clothes for her. I bought two outfits and thats it. I buy everything she needs except for clothes.

April 5th, 2012, 03:56 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I do a little of both.

I did get a lot of clothes at my baby shower and Audrina is just starting to run out of clothes from then. Every now and then I get her a few bigger things, like when I am at the used clothing store. They have the best deals on clothes that are pretty much new...!

I didn't have a lot of summery dresses for Audrina, so I have been getting quite a few of those lately in her current size.

April 5th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We are still mostly in hand-me-downs, so I'm not buying many clothes...what I have bought were some spring dresses in 9 month size but she's practically outgrown them already and it's still ridiculously cold here. So, from now on I'm going to try to just buy clothes that are the size she needs, rather than buying in advance, so I know they'll fit during the right season!

April 9th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Tina_Marie's Avatar Mommy2Boys
I have so many clothes from Braylon that Karson wears..but he is bigger than Bray was at 6mons. So I usually just buy for the size he is in now. He is wearing 9-12mons

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy

April 10th, 2012, 05:03 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
We have everything from Ross, so Will is set for clothes, hes in 6-12m/9-12/12m stuff now and i have 12-18M/18M stuff in his closet and 18-24m stuff in a bin in the basement. I do generally buy a head a bit for Ross, hes in a 2T now and he as a bunch of 3T stuff in his closet and a few 4 and 5 things that we got from others

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search