SAHM: What have you been doing?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2012, 11:31 AM
PointDefiance's Avatar My job is life itself.
I have been so bored, DH and I moved north to a new apartment at the beginning of March andI dont know anyone this far north of Seattle, I also usually dont have the car as DH takes it to work. I am really bored, all I do is clean and take care of little Al... What do you do during the day? Any ideas? Thanks!
April 4th, 2012, 11:33 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
if I lived that far south i'd come visit

when I had my first daughter we lived in the Seattle area and I didn't know anyone...We had no internet or cable...I just spent my days cleaning and taking care of my daughter...I feel for you! it does get boring.

Now that I have 4 other kids, I love the time during the day when they are all at school and it's just me and the baby...there aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done...I clean and do errands most of the time...Once the kids are out of school it's just non stop...baths, soccer, homework, dinner etc

April 4th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
Well I have a toddler too so I stay busy between feeding both keeping clean and playgroups and everything thing else I don't have to much down time

April 4th, 2012, 11:52 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Sitting around and eating Bon bons! Lolololol.

Really, I always have stuff to do. So much that there are days we cancel our plans just to stay home (like today). But having an older child helps with that. You meet people at the park, they get little friends, and there is playdates and such. I was bored a lot when it was just me and Liam. I remember shopping a little too much!
April 4th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
SO glad to see you post

I'm planning my wedding, so that keeps me busy! I also crochet lots of hats still, and scrapbook!

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

April 4th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Some times I feel super bored and others I feel so busy-usually it comes and goes based on how cooperative Scott is. Some days I get a ton done and even though I feel busy I feel good about being productive. I have 4 kids, none in school and I do medical charts from home. I am still trying to balance housework, kid-time, charts, DH time and Me time. THere never seem to be enough hours in the day!!

*Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!*
April 5th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You need to come by on Fridays and hang with me! There is a baby-friendly coffee shop across the street from the park just down the street from us.

FYI, I saw this today, free museum days around town:

Don’t Miss Out on Free Thursday and Friday at the Museums | Seattle's Child

I'm thinking of taking Maggie to the one at the symphony next month...

April 5th, 2012, 01:08 PM
BrittneyLA's Avatar Mom of three boys!
When im not cleaning, chasing kids or running errands, I read
April 8th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
I dont really do much most days.... we go to the park sometimes or go for walks

April 9th, 2012, 04:53 PM
MrsR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have a car either, so most days I clean, hang out with Gavin and mess around on the internet. If I didn't have a computer I don't know what I'd do with myself.

Thank you so much to tasha_mae for my adorable signature!

April 9th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Tina_Marie's Avatar Mommy2Boys
Always cleaning, laundry, errands, I also have Braylon who is only in school half day. I always have something to do.LOL Maybe look into local parks, etc you can go to. I grew up here so I have my friends and family here. Sorry not much help.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy

April 9th, 2012, 08:30 PM
debraf555's Avatar Christmas Baby on the Way
We have been taking A LOT of walks! They weather by us (Queens, NY) has been absolutely beautiful lately. I try to take Luigi out at least once a day. Some times we go for a few walks a day. He has been struggling with napping and I think the cool air has been helping him relax!

Other than that I try to keep on top of the housework, etc. Nothing too spectacular! LOL!

April 10th, 2012, 11:34 AM
lulumama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We take lots of long walks too.

Forever missing our baby boy, Otis Allen, born September 12, 2010 at 41 wks; left this world 36 hours later.

Blessed with our Maui Miracle - Owen Kekoa, born 9/19/11 at 35w3d!
April 10th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I wish I could go for walks. But between the rain and the lack of sidewalk near my house I can't really do that We live on a pretty busy road-there is barely a shoulder and the speed limit is 45!!!

*Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!*
April 10th, 2012, 09:42 PM
ResilientSmile's Avatar Super Mommy
I go to a breastfeeding support group that meets like 4 times a month. That is where I met a good friend of mine who I now hang out with several times a week. Her daughter is a bit older but we usually just go to each other's houses and talk and cook and play with the girls. There might be a facebook group of moms in your area. Sometimes it is nice to kinda get to know people before you actually meet them to see if you click.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search