tmi...still no period

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Urchin

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I still haven't had my period yet. My doctor said it might take 4 months or so after giving birth since i breastfeed. Is it normal to still not have it. Has anyone had theirs, or are you still waiting for one?

April 6th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
I didn't get mine until a year with Elise when I weaned he'd and still havent gotten mine back after alex

April 6th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Regular
my doctor said as long as you're BF, you may not get one...i wouldn't worry
I got one 5 weeks after the baby but, I was still PP bleeding a little so, I'm not sure i'd say it was a full period and haven't gotten one since and i'm still BF. I guess I probably won't get one until I'm done BF, as per a lot of my friends who have also BF and my doctor.
April 6th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Tina_Marie's Avatar Mommy2Boys
I havent gotten mine either and Im EBF. Doc said it would prob stay away until after baby is weaned. Not to worry I did have a little spotting for one day after I got my IUD put in and thats it! WOOT WOOT!!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy

April 7th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I bled until December, then just had my first spotting last weekend but not a full period.

April 7th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
nothing here as well! It can stay away...lol
Tina_Marie likes this.

April 7th, 2012, 04:39 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
No AF for me. I am pumping and breastfeeding at night. I thought I was going to have AF soon, but nope and I am happy about that!! I know a woman that hasn't had AF for 19 months and counting because her baby isn't weaned.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

April 8th, 2012, 07:50 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
It really varies. I had two PPAFs at ridiculously early times (one in nov and one in dec)...but it has been MIA ever since. So I guess I am still missing mine too. It's really normal for some women to haven't get it back for over a year! Enjoy it while you can
April 9th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
totally normal! I had one period in early march, but she hasnt come back again yet. some people dont get AF back until they wean completely. There is one mama in my older sons PR that hasnt had a period since before she got pregnant with her 20 month old son (shes still Bfing him)

April 10th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
With my first baby it came back way soon and I was so pissed. My Mom had always had like a year or more without it after a baby. It was until later that she informed me that it wasn't the case after I was born! Thanks Mom. Anyways, after #2 and #3 it came back a little later each time. Really hoping it stays away for as close to a year as possible. I have not bled since my PP bleeding stopped and I am so glad!!

*Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!*
April 10th, 2012, 08:50 PM
ResilientSmile's Avatar Super Mommy
No period yet here and EBF'ing. Although there was one day of light spotting that had me screaming NOOOOO not yet!! But thank goodness it was a fluke.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search