OT: I didn't get the job

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
...but a good friend of mine, who I really respect, got it instead, so I actually don't feel sad, I just feel relieved. In addition, the regional director said he was really impressed with my interview and that he strongly encourages me to apply the next time we have an opening, which should be in the next year or so because there are about to be some retirements (another team leader, and our chief attorney) and thus some openings in management. Which made me feel very good about myself, and even more relieved that I didn't get the job this time around--there is going to be a LOT of stress/change over the next year and I'd rather be observing it than leading it. Plus now I get to keep my Fridays with Maggie.

April 10th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Tina_Marie's Avatar Mommy2Boys
Well it must not have been meant to be...yet! you should be proud of yourself, especially with those great compliments. Maybe things will work out next time around when everything is in place!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy

April 10th, 2012, 09:13 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I am glad that you are at peace with the decision regardless of what it was! Good luck in a year or so!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

April 10th, 2012, 09:56 PM
ResilientSmile's Avatar Super Mommy
It's great that your friend got the position and that you are happy for her. So refreshing! And yes good things to come for you!

Last edited by ResilientSmile; April 10th, 2012 at 09:58 PM.
April 10th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
That's agreat outcome your friend got the job andyou got a big compliment

April 11th, 2012, 12:20 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Wasn't that the outcome you were hoping for anyway?

I am glad everyone is happy...and that there is some good stuff coming down the pike for you.

And didn't you say you were so ridiculously candid in that interview that you would be shocked if you got the job. Sounds like they were impressed with your candor
April 12th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ash, yes, this is exactly what I was hoping would happen. That, or that they'd give it to my other friend, but the woman who got the job is slightly more awesome than my other friend, so I think she'll be an even better boss. Actually, I take that back--things turned out better than expected because I didn't expect to get such positive feedback from the regional director! Yes, I was honest about where I think the problems are and how to fix them, I mean, I just don't see the point in beating around the bush about it--that just comes off as disingenuous, KWIM? And apparently that was refreshing to the regional director. I think he hears lots of complaints but is really looking for solutions and doesn't hear those often enough.

Anyway, thanks to all of you guys for your positive thoughts, I think things turned out pretty well!

April 12th, 2012, 10:37 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i'm glad it worked out the way you wanted it, and good luck in the next year

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search