6 months

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2012, 09:46 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been busy the last few days....Kids went back to school monday and i've had appointments all week...any way Jakob went in for his 6 month check-up on monday...he weighs 16lbs 5oz and is 26 1/2 inches...24% and 25% for weight and height...The dr said it looks like he's slowed on his growth a little and is leaning out more (he's pretty lean any way lol)...He did well with the shots...didn't cry for the first one,and the 2nd one he cried for about 2 seconds till I picked him up and then he was fine...We are going to try prevacid (spelling?) for his reflux...I haven't picked it up yet (haven't had time)...If it isn't helping in about a month i'm to bring him back and figure something else out...I hope it works...He spits up so much that he goes through a can of formula every 3 days because he has to eat so often (I don't feed him large amounts so I know he's not over eating)...He gets hungry after he throws almost all of it back up ...We're also going to do flouride on his teeth...my husband was always against it for our other kids, and i've had nothing but problems with their teeth (even brushing them every day)...Jack's dentist said he has really clean teeth, but he still gets cavities...so i'm hoping that the flouride will help prevent Jakob from having the same problem....That's really about it, he's doing well in every other way...He's rolling all over the house...Not sitting up yet (he will for a few seconds and then start to fall)...i'm working on it with him and hopefully he'll be sitting soon...I don't think it will take him long to start crawling...Yesterday I bought him some gerber puffs and arrowroot cookies...He loves the cookies, but hasn't figured out the puffs yet...I think next time I go to the store i'm going to try another kind of cookie (the package said it wasn't messy)...they only had 2 kinds which is strange...when my other kids were babies they had more kinds to choose from...I might check target...any way, that's our update...i'll catch up on posts today I hope everyone had a nice easter!!

April 12th, 2012, 10:51 AM
lindz_fay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Happy 6 months Jakob! Your new siggy is adorable.

thank you bri_91 for my siggy

April 12th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the update. I also love your new siggy.

April 12th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Megan, how often is he spitting up a whole feed? Like, several times a day, or several times a week? Maggie does it several times a week but I've just been living with it (even though it sets off my PTSD every time). I'm wondering if we should be trying some kind of drugs or if it's still considered normal at this point, especially since she's ginormous so it's not impacting her growth. I guess I'll ask the ped when we see him a week from tomorrow...

April 12th, 2012, 04:01 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jakob is spitting up almost a whole feeding, after EVERY feeding...He doesn't only throw up right after he eats, but he throws up every few minutes till his next feeding, and the cycle starts all over again...some days are worse than others meaning some days he spits up less, but still very large amounts...My 2nd daughter had reflux till she was older, i'd say walking age at least (I can't remember)...It was never this bad....back then (10 years ago) they didn't do much for it, but she did drink chalk stuff and have an x-ray done...i'm not sure if they'll do something like that with Jakob....his dr told me it would get better with solids, but it hasn't...he even throws them up! you should bring it up to Maggies dr...It might not hurt to try some meds if it's bothersome...Jakob isn't bothered by the throwing up, but I am, and the fact that he then eats so much more.

April 12th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattlite View Post
Megan, how often is he spitting up a whole feed? Like, several times a day, or several times a week? Maggie does it several times a week but I've just been living with it (even though it sets off my PTSD every time). I'm wondering if we should be trying some kind of drugs or if it's still considered normal at this point, especially since she's ginormous so it's not impacting her growth. I guess I'll ask the ped when we see him a week from tomorrow...
I had this problem with Elise but they said for us because it obviously wasent affecting her growth they were not going to give her anything that and she didn't seem to be in any pain
Itsounds like he is doing well hope the new meds work and we use the earths best teething cookies although they are messy mabey try a mum mum those aren't messy at all

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search