Update on us

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2012, 08:45 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Sorry that it has been forever since I have posted. I got a full time teaching job and am getting used to all of the hours and trying to be a mom for Marsi with all of her cardiology appointments and DH not having a job. Needless to say, online hours are few and far between.

Marsi had surgery to repair the vessels around her heart 3 weeks ago. She is healing great other than a pocket of fluid that is on her heart. The x-rays are already showing a decrease in her heart size!! Yay! That is what we want. Too bad about the fluid because she was on a week of meds and now another 5 days on prescription meds trying to get it to go away.

The coolest thing about post surgery is her energy level! She is a spitfire now! She loves her jumper. Also, since her metabolism isn't as if she was a marathon runner 24/7 she is gaining weight like crazy! I have fed her solids with no milk mixed in to try and get her less calories since my milk is so rich. She has still gained a pound in the last WEEK. She has gained 2.5 lbs since surgery day. Since surgery, she has moved up from 6 month to 9 month clothing. She is now 18.5 lbs and 27 inches long. Massive girl.

All in all, we are busy but good. We have several more doctor appointments the first of next month to look at the fluids and for her well child appointment. I love my little heart patient. She is so fun to come home to after a long day teaching business to 7th graders.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

Last edited by geogeek; April 18th, 2012 at 08:48 PM.
April 18th, 2012, 10:03 PM
lindz_fay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So excited to hear she is doing so well. Thanks for updating

thank you bri_91 for my siggy

April 19th, 2012, 05:59 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Great news about her surgery. It is wonderful she is healing so well.

I imagine she is going to make up for lost time being ornery Which is great!

She sounds very healthy for her age/size. She probably was not really meant to be smaller and is putting on the weight she was meant to have, kWIM? Since it was so hard for her to eat and she was using so much energy to just do normal tasks, it was taking a lot from her. It is great to see her looking so bright and healthy!

Out of curiosity, have they decided anything about her soft spots? Didn't you mention they were closing early? Just wondering if they were worried about it or if it was a non-issue.
April 19th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
yay!! im so glad shes doing so well

April 19th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
im glad she is doing better now

April 19th, 2012, 09:06 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashj_1218 View Post
Out of curiosity, have they decided anything about her soft spots? Didn't you mention they were closing early? Just wondering if they were worried about it or if it was a non-issue.
We went to the cranial surgeon and he found that everything looks great, she just has a slightly odd shaped forehead. I am great with that!! It is a non issue at this point.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

April 19th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
That is so great to hear

April 20th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Mom to Girls
So good to hear she is doing well!! The last time I checked in you were waiting for a date. Glad her surgery went so well.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the beautiful siggy
April 21st, 2012, 06:49 AM
Veteran
Great update congratulations on the new job teaching is hard work and she is looking amazing
April 21st, 2012, 03:42 PM
MrsR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear things are going well for you and Marsi.

Thank you so much to tasha_mae for my adorable signature!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search