What's going on on the sleep front?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2012, 06:51 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
What time is bedtime?

What time are you up for the day with them?

How many night wakings on average?

How do they fall asleep?

How many naps a day?

Where are they sleeping now?

Anything else important?

April 23rd, 2012, 08:05 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
What time is bedtime? 7-730

What time are you up for the day with them? between 6 and 7

How many night wakings on average?
1-2

How do they fall asleep? I feed him, snuggle and rock in the chair for a bit then he goes to his bed and falls asleep on his own

How many naps a day? 2

Where are they sleeping now? he starts in his crib, if he wakes up after I am in bed I usually bring him to bed with me for the rest of the night

April 23rd, 2012, 10:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
What time is bedtime? Alex 7- 7:30 Elise 8pm

What time are you up for the day with them? 7ish

How many night wakings on average? One or two between bedtime and 3-4:30ish and after that I don't know a lot I think she spends the rest of the early morning attached to my boob

How do they fall asleep? I swaddle and bounce her she has only fallen asleep on her own once

How many naps a day? Between 2 and 4 she is so unpredictable

Where are they sleeping now? Crib mostly a few hours a night with me

Anything else important? Nope just working on getting Elise in a big bed so we can get Alex out of the mini crib into a full size crib and need to get her to sleep unswaddled because she rolled the other night but she refuses not sure what to do there but we have a video monitor so I can keep a close eye on her

April 23rd, 2012, 02:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What time is bedtime? I guess i have a night owl 10:30-11:00

What time are you up for the day with them? 8

How many night wakings on average?1-2

How do they fall asleep? most of the time she falls asleep nursing, if not then i put her in her pack and play with a paci

How many naps a day? idk....prolly 3 on avg. they are only 20 min naps tho

Where are they sleeping now? beside my bed in her pack and play

Anything else important? no really.... i think within the next month i am going to move her into her bedroom

April 23rd, 2012, 07:38 PM
debraf555's Avatar Christmas Baby on the Way
What time is bedtime? Between 830 and 9

What time are you up for the day with them? 9am

How many night wakings on average? Usually only once . . . around 6am

How do they fall asleep? I just started putting him down drowsy and he uses a pacifier and some patting from Mommy to go the rest of the way.

How many naps a day? One 45 minute nap in the morning; a 2 hour nap in the afternoon and sometimes a 30 minute nap in the early evening.

Where are they sleeping now? Crib

Anything else important? After 3 weeks of sleeping hell it looks like he is back to a good sleeping schedule day and night.

April 23rd, 2012, 09:12 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
What time is bedtime? around 8:45

What time are you up for the day with them? Well, I go to work so Marsi wakes up and has some mommy time before work around 6:45-7

How many night wakings on average? 1

How do they fall asleep? Very, very easily! Our bedtime routine is down pat. Bath, lotion and massage, feeding, snuggles and book, bed!

How many naps a day? Um...I think 3-4. Most of the time 4

Where are they sleeping now? In her pack and play in our room. I love her right there personally. Makes it really easy for the night feed.

Anything else important? Since she is so mobile we have to put her pack and play out of the bassinet position. I meant to do it today but completely forgot until I was putting her in bed.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

April 23rd, 2012, 09:19 PM
Tina_Marie's Avatar Mommy2Boys
What time is bedtime? Between 830-9

What time are you up for the day with them? He usually wakes up around 9-930

How many night wakings on average? 1-2 times

How do they fall asleep?Some nights I nurse him to sleep, some I can just lay him down with music and he will go to sleep on his own.

How many naps a day? 2- early afternoon and early evening

Where are they sleeping now? Pack n Play in our room at night, naps in his crib (his room)

Anything else important? wishes he would go back to sleeping 7-8hours...

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy

April 24th, 2012, 12:21 AM
lindz_fay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What time is bedtime? Between 10 and 11

What time are you up for the day with them? Between 9 and 10

How many night wakings on average? 2

How do they fall asleep? I hold and cuddle him

How many naps a day? 2-3

Where are they sleeping now? In bed with us

Anything else important? Going to try transitioning to his crib soon but it is hard to give up snuggling him at night.

thank you bri_91 for my siggy

April 24th, 2012, 11:02 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What time is bedtime?he's usually asleep by 8:30 on average

What time are you up for the day with them? he's an early riser, sometimes at 5:30, mostly 6 and if i'm lucky sometimes at 7 (which is rare)

How many night wakings on average? about twice a night

How do they fall asleep? sometimes in my arms, but lately i've been laying him in his bed and he's been falling asleep on his own...hoping to get rid of the swing soon

How many naps a day? if i'm lucky twice...he's getting better at napping

Where are they sleeping now? still his swing, but he's starting to sleep in his bed more during the day, always his bed at night

Anything else important? I just wish he'd sleep through the night already!!! he stopped at 4 months and he's almost 7 months old...i've had enough lol

April 24th, 2012, 11:42 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Wow...this room has some good sleepers! Mine is NOT! Lol.

What time is bedtime? 8:15, almost to the minute.

What time are you up for the day with them? 6:45, again, very regular

How many night wakings on average? Usually 4 in that time frame. If I am lucky, only three.

How do they fall asleep? I sway while singing him three songs (same three I sing Liam) and then put him in his crib. He goes right to sleep. I thought it would help him sleep better to not nurse down. But it doesn't seem to matter.

How many naps a day? Three. About 30 minutes in the morning, 1.5 hours in the early afternoon, and 30 minutes around 5pm.

Where are they sleeping now? His crib for naps and laying down for the night...but after the second or third waking of the night, I bring him in bed with me. But he is so restless, I don't get good sleep when he is in bed with me, even though I don't have to get up to nurse.

Anything else important? Nah, just waiting, impatiently, for a stretch longer than four hours. Kid loves to hang with me at night!
April 24th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What time is bedtime? Between 7-8p

What time are you up for the day with them? Between 7-8 am!

How many night wakings on average? Just one. Between 430-6 a. Last night he slept 715p-6a! Thanks Joey!

How do they fall asleep? After bath and pjs, he gets a book and bottle in the glider then I put him in his crib with paci and his fisher price glowing seahorse which he plays with til he falls asleep

How many naps a day? 3 naps. 1-2 hours at 930a, 12p, and 30-45 min at 530p

Where are they sleeping now? His crib. He loves it

Anything else important? He is finally sleeping all night! He went through a stretch of waking at 1130p, 2a, 430a then 6. And now he's sleeping around 10hours the past week!

*thank you*Kiliki*

April 24th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thank you for starting this thread, now I have an excuse to whine. Maggie is still up every 2-3 hours. Her ped said to stop feeding her at night--she is huge, so growth is definitely not an issue, and he said if she keeps eating at night, she'll keep waking at night, so try our best not to feed her at night and hopefully she'll start sleeping (and eating more in the day). We have had 4 nights since then, and it's been hit or miss on whether we can soothe her back to sleep without feeding her. Right now she's going down at about 8:30, and waking again every 2-3 hours after that until 6:30-ish when she's awake for good. It's brutal and I am exhausted.

April 24th, 2012, 08:23 PM
debraf555's Avatar Christmas Baby on the Way
I just finished three weeks of hell with Luigi! In total he was only sleeping about four hours a night! Sometimes he would let us rock him, pat him etc back to sleep and other times we had to feed him. It was a nightmare so I understand what you are going through. He pretty much snapped out of it with minimal help from us. I hope the same happens for you. I feel like if babies can get themselves into these schedules from hell then they can get into better routines just as easily. Right? Or is that just wishful thinking?

April 24th, 2012, 08:33 PM
lulumama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What time is bedtime? Early! Between 6 and 7. Tonight he was fast asleep by 6:20.

What time are you up for the day with them? Anywhere between 6:30 and 8.

How many night wakings on average? A bunch. But he sleeps for 13 hours sometimes, so I can't really complain. But usually 3 or 4, I think. He's in our room still so the night wakings aren't that much of a nuisance for me. I usually feed him and he goes right back to sleep. Last night was tough, every hour from about 2 to 7.

How do they fall asleep? After our bedtime routines (dinner, take a walk with the dogs, take a bath, lotion/massage, get into jammies, I nurse him until he's almost asleep, then put him in his crib. He rolls onto his tummy and usually falls asleep in a minute or two, sometimes he fusses for a while.

How many naps a day? Two or three. But he only naps if he's being held or in the ergo or in the car, driving. Argh!

Where are they sleeping now? In a crib, in our bedroom. Except for naps, he hates his crib for naps and won't sleep longer than 10 minutes in it during the day.

Anything else important? We just got him out of the swaddle at 6 1/2 months! It was a few nights of some serious sleep deprivation, waking every twenty minutes and lots of crying, but we made it!

Forever missing our baby boy, Otis Allen, born September 12, 2010 at 41 wks; left this world 36 hours later.

Blessed with our Maui Miracle - Owen Kekoa, born 9/19/11 at 35w3d!
April 25th, 2012, 12:42 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattlite View Post
Thank you for starting this thread, now I have an excuse to whine. Maggie is still up every 2-3 hours. Her ped said to stop feeding her at night--she is huge, so growth is definitely not an issue, and he said if she keeps eating at night, she'll keep waking at night, so try our best not to feed her at night and hopefully she'll start sleeping (and eating more in the day). We have had 4 nights since then, and it's been hit or miss on whether we can soothe her back to sleep without feeding her. Right now she's going down at about 8:30, and waking again every 2-3 hours after that until 6:30-ish when she's awake for good. It's brutal and I am exhausted.
Read the threads in the August 2011 room...it will make you feel more normal. Kieran is right there with you. I wanted to see ow everyone was doing...but I knew kieran was not one of the better sleepers in here. I sorta didn't want to hear that people had babies sleeping right through! Lol. I have done everything I can think of to help him sleep thru...but he just wont. He still wakes to eat and won't be soothed back down by anything else. I have resigned myself to never sleeping a full night again! Hugs to you, I know what it is like. Kieran has never slept more than five hours at a stretch...EVER!
April 25th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashj_1218 View Post
Read the threads in the August 2011 room...it will make you feel more normal. Kieran is right there with you. I wanted to see ow everyone was doing...but I knew kieran was not one of the better sleepers in here. I sorta didn't want to hear that people had babies sleeping right through! Lol. I have done everything I can think of to help him sleep thru...but he just wont. He still wakes to eat and won't be soothed back down by anything else. I have resigned myself to never sleeping a full night again! Hugs to you, I know what it is like. Kieran has never slept more than five hours at a stretch...EVER!
You never know it can happen all ofasudden we kicked Alex out of our room and she was doing a bit better then out of no where the night before last she slept from 7:30 to 4:30 and last night woke for the First time at 10ish to eat but then went back down untill after 5am and just the night before she slept through I think she woke at least 5 time
and I wouldn't cut out feeding at night all at once mabey try one at a time starting with the first one cutting one out every week or two untill she is doing better
our big problem is she is so inconsitant you never know when how long she will nap or how many times she wake up at night that's why my answers are never consistant. Has your nanny got her on a good day shedual yet

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search