Penile adhesion

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By debraf555

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2012, 07:34 AM
debraf555's Avatar Luig's Momma!
Apparently Luigi has one. His doc pulled the skin back yesterday but it went right back as of this morning.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Is he going to have to be re circumisized? Please say no!
April 28th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I don't really know much about this as I have a girly, but are you saying the doc retracted his foreskin? I thought that they weren't supossed to do that?? I know some docs are old school and do that, but it's highly recommended not to...

but I don't really know much about the adhesion issue either! Hopefully a more experienced mama will speak up!

April 28th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Yes, that is exactly what he did!

Everything I have read online says that is normal practice. I went with it because I didn't know any better! I really like and trust his doctor . . . I think?
April 28th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
Hmmm not sure but I thought it was only with uncircumsized boys you weren't supposed to do that. Hopefully someone with an older boy will post for you

April 28th, 2012, 12:33 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I am gathering he is circed and it was a loose circ. which has allowed the penis to try to "heal" itself by covering the head again. I have read that the doc should NOT try to pull it back again, as it will often cause pain. I think you can put Vaseline on it and that will lubricate the area and allow it to not reattach. There was a thread online about it at babycenter.com and how some kids were not having surgery and some were. It is probably something you should discuss with a urologist, since they see things like this more often than peds. I'll see if I can find the link to that thread.
April 28th, 2012, 12:52 PM
MrsR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do penile adhesions heal themselves over time? | BabyCenter

I would put lots of vaseline on his penis every time you change him and keep pulling the skin back very gently little by little when you apply it. I hope he doesn't have to have another surgery!

Thank you so much to tasha_mae for my adorable signature!

April 28th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Thanks everyone!

We are using the Vaseline and he seems to be ok . . . he doesn't appear to be in any pain. I think we are going to get a referral from a urologist to be on the safe side. I don't want him to run into problems later on. Better to be safe than sorry!
MrsR likes this.
April 28th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Tina_Marie's Avatar Mommy2Boys
I have experience with this! My older son who (6yrs) did not have a problem with this..however Karson did! When we went in for his 6mon check his Dr. was checking him out and said that his foreskin was sticking and trying to heal together (if that makes sence). His said its very common with babies... His recom was to put hydrocortisone on it with each diaper change, that will help with inflammation and with also lubricate it. Within a few days it looked completely normal again and isnt sticking. I just make sure its very clean and continue to put hydrocortisone on it. Im sure it will help your little guy..I know its painful the first few times you do it but trust me its worth it! Hope this helps

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy

May 2nd, 2012, 06:42 AM
Mom to Girls
Dillon is circumcised but his foreskin covers the head some times. It doesn't stick to it. His ped said, it was the fat from right about pushing the skin down. As he grows the fat with go away and the skin would not push down. He pressed on the area to show me how the skin retracted. Anyway, he told me to just push up the foreskin at each diaper change.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search