Finger Foods

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2012, 04:21 AM
debraf555's Avatar Luig's Momma!
Has anyone tried them? What do you start with?

I am nervous about starting them but DH thinks Luigi is ready. He raised two girls so I tend to trust his intuition but he's still a man, ya know! LOL!
May 1st, 2012, 12:05 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
I give Blaine the Num-Num rice crackers and he does good with them. Parent's Choice brand they are actually little bowl shape rice crackers and he still does good with those. Just within the last week I started giving him Puffs. He does pretty good with them too. Oh and I have given him Veggie Straws too. But not a lot because they are salty like potato chips but dissolve really well like the rice crackers.

I keep looking at like the Cheeto looking finger foods but its recommended for "crawler" stage, so Im going to wait just a little longer. I also think its to early for Cheerios. Not sure what other finger foods there are.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
May 2nd, 2012, 06:32 AM
Mom to Girls
I recently started. We've given baby mum mums, cut up bananas, watermelon. I have to buy Puffs, I'm sure he will enjoy those.

Robin I have veggie straws for the girls, I was about to give him a taste but then I wondered if it was too salty. Maybe I'll try one with him.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the beautiful siggy
May 2nd, 2012, 11:13 AM
Veteran
I was wondering about veggie straws I will try him too
May 2nd, 2012, 01:53 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
I just looked, Veggie straws are 240 mg sodium for 38 straws. So its probably not to bad if you just give them a couple. Blaine really seemed to enjoy them.

I havent tried cut up bananas or anything like that yet.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
May 5th, 2012, 04:33 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
What are these num num and veggie straws you speak of? I'm not sure if we have something similar here or not!

Audrina's finger foods so far just have consisted of some banana in a mesh feeder.. lol I'm just a little nervous still about giving her little bits of food.

May 5th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
Yes she has had yogurg melts, wagon wheels, mum mums, egg yolk hard boiled as to make sure there are no whites, teething cookies, lots of stuff in her mesh feeder, little crunchies, over cooked pasta, bites of pancakes made with no egg whites
Alex is not a huge fan of being spoon fed
and mum mums are a rice cracker that dissolve in there mouth they should sell them at the grocery store I know they sell them in canada too

May 5th, 2012, 04:54 PM
mommyfirst11's Avatar Veteran
I usually crush the gerber sticks as. I put them in his mouth. I am too scared to just give him a whole veggie stick
May 5th, 2012, 08:10 PM
ResilientSmile's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urchin View Post
What are these num num and veggie straws you speak of? I'm not sure if we have something similar here or not!

Audrina's finger foods so far just have consisted of some banana in a mesh feeder.. lol I'm just a little nervous still about giving her little bits of food.
I am/was nervous too but if they are really ready for solids their gag reflex is to.

So far I have given Lila bits of avocado and banana. I have also given her frozen peas in a teether although thats not really finger food.
May 6th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I havent even thought about giving brooke anything yet. My sil gave her a teething cookie a month ago and i hated that. She broke a piece off and i thought she was going to choke.

May 6th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Veteran
What is with the no egg White? What have I missed.
May 6th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessMac View Post
What is with the no egg White? What have I missed.
I don't remember the reason but it was my docs recommendation to wait to give them whites when Elise was little

May 7th, 2012, 04:28 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I've been avoiding all eggs until Audrina is much older...I know that they are an allergen, and for us, there is egg allergy in the family, so we'll probably put off introducing egg products for a while.

May 7th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Here is a good article
When can babies eat eggs? Learn about Baby and Egg Allergy. Are Egg Yolks Safe? Egg Allergies, Feeding Your Baby Eggs and Baby Egg Allergy Information

May 7th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Veteran
Thank you ladies
May 8th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We did some bits of banana over the weekend and she liked those and managed not to choke on them. We are making very slow progress on solids in general, she is just not a fan--she still loves her breast milk the best!
ResilientSmile likes this.

May 9th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I bought puffs the other day, but i didnt realize how small they are. I am afraid to give them to brooke. I know they desolve but it does take a min and if she tries swalling them right away she will choke. Is there different stage of them. I know someone mentioned holding off on the cheetos looking things bc they are for stage crawlers, but so are the puffs. Atleast the ones i have.

May 9th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenmarie View Post
I bought puffs the other day, but i didnt realize how small they are. I am afraid to give them to brooke. I know they desolve but it does take a min and if she tries swalling them right away she will choke. Is there different stage of them. I know someone mentioned holding off on the cheetos looking things bc they are for stage crawlers, but so are the puffs. Atleast the ones i have.
Just trust your gut if you don't think she is ready it wont hurt to wait and if you want you can go the other route like give her a big hunk of apple tochew on Alex loves that and it helps her with teething too
and if it makes you feel better take an infant cpr class so you know what to do if she does choke

May 11th, 2012, 03:19 PM
ResilientSmile's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenmarie View Post
Another option is the teether feeders. Munchkin sells this one Amazon.com: Munchkin Fresh Food Feeder 1ea: Health & Personal Care

You can buy them at babies r us and target. I freeze baby food in ice cube trays and then put them in there. You could also do frozen peas and bananas. Works great for teething babies I take one when we go out to eat and it keeps Lila busy when my meal comes
May 24th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Born2BeAmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think Kynzie's ready yet. However, the other day we gave her a pea. That was pretty funny! She flared her nostrils the whole time. Needless to say, our family dinner time that night was comical. Lots of giggles at the table! lol

Kristy: mom to 5 beautiful daughters with daughter #6 on the way and the author of the Ice Moon Series www.icemoonseries.com
www.kristyquinn.net

I Blog http://happyhomemakingwithkristy.blogspot.com/
http://raisinggodlydaughters-kristy.blogspot.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search