Moms of Boys post here!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree86Likes

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2012, 01:47 PM
CoreenaC's Avatar Carter-Carter's Momma
He has tons of clothes but we may buy some more just because we both love buying him clothes!

I bought a bathing suit for the first time since I was 16! I couldn't pass up swimming with my baby!
DS2-EDD 9/10/14
*Thank you so much *Kiliki* for the siggy!*
May 1st, 2012, 01:50 PM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't really done any shopping. Every time Miles goes up a size my SIL brings over at least 2 bins worth of hand-me-downs from her boys so I never really have to buy anything. It's pretty nice. With the twins I was really into buying clothes for them but now as a BTDT mom I'm just thankful to save money on stuff that he'll grow out of really fast.

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

tobi4's Avatar Tobi
I bought a bathing suit too lol Funny how we stop caring so much about what we look like in a bathing suit when we are carrying a baby!

[/url
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just managed to go through DD's summer clothes to figure out what she needs. Now I have online carts full at Gymboree, Old Navy, and Carters. I need to figure out what I need for Dominic too. Definitely not done summer shopping yet, but then it isn't even summer here or close to it.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
May 1st, 2012, 01:52 PM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish I had someone to hand us down some stuff! We have too many girls in the family! I'm going to head to Target & Gap & get him some stuff.

May 1st, 2012, 01:52 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
We went for an hour long walk today and he stayed in his stroller for the entire time!! He usually hates his stroller, I am so happy, I love walking around the lake, feeding the ducks, people watching etc. Now we can enjoy it together!

[/url
May 1st, 2012, 01:54 PM
That's great he enjoyed the walk. Dominic will stay in his stroller for a while but he does want to get out and explore after a bit and will get fussy.

May 1st, 2012, 01:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi all! Wow....4 pages already? I need to hop on Jm more frequently if I hope to keep up!

I actually went to the gym today. YAY ME!

Lew, 1, DSD Lauren, 18, and Chuck, 4
May 1st, 2012, 02:01 PM
Woo hoo for the gym! I swore that I'd start going once Miles was 6 months old and eligible for the gym's daycare. Well, here he is a whopping 8 months old and I've yet to go to the gym. What will my next procrastination tactic be?

May 1st, 2012, 02:02 PM
Yay for the gym! I've only been like, never... that's kind of awful haha.

What is your baby eating at the moment? Dominic is trying some gerber puffs I just bought.

May 1st, 2012, 02:04 PM
My baby is eating his pillow. AKA sleeping. Thank heavens.

The twins have a friend over and all three of them are playing in the backyard. I instructed them to not yell since the baby is sleeping and I swear the little friend is taking that to mean that she should yell louder. I'm not a violent or mean person but I kinda want to smack her. Just a lil' bit .

May 1st, 2012, 02:08 PM
lol I kind of wanted to smack my own kid earlier. She was in one of those moods where she was just non stop in my face, making noise, sticking things in front of me, begging for chocolate, she wouldn't do anything else because she knew I had chocolate. Blah, why do they have to be so annoying sometimes!!

May 1st, 2012, 02:13 PM
CoreenaC's Avatar Carter-Carter's Momma
I was watching a show this morning and had a strong urge to go to a gym! It's been a long time since I've been to one but I loved going! Good for you for getting up and getting there!
DS2-EDD 9/10/14
*Thank you so much *Kiliki* for the siggy!*
May 1st, 2012, 02:13 PM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was doing great working out until I got pregnant again. I'm going to start again though. I do Taebo & Turbo Jam. If I can't get dedicated again, I may need to join a gym. That way once I force myself to go, I know I'll be forced to do something.

May 1st, 2012, 02:15 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I honestly think that's why my Daniel finally started sleeping. When I weaned and he was on formula full time he slept better. There is something to be said for formula.
May 1st, 2012, 02:16 PM
Once Dominic is older I think I'll start using my parents treadmill again (they live across the street) but it's so hard with him! I definitely don't need to lose any weight but could use some more endurance.

May 1st, 2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
I honestly think that's why my Daniel finally started sleeping. When I weaned and he was on formula full time he slept better. There is something to be said for formula.
Agreed. Even though I am happy to be a BFing mother I have no problem admitting that my exclusively FFed girls slept much better than this little guy does. I guess only time will tell if it was a matter or feeding or personality, though. I'd like to think that BFing is what makes Miles such a clingy, restless little dude but he'll probably have the last laugh when he's weaned one day and is still all crazy-like .

May 1st, 2012, 02:24 PM
Dominic sounds so much like Miles LOL he's just obsessed in me! DH jokes that if/when we have another he doesn't want me to breastfeed. But I would for sure want to try doing it again, it's been a great experience even if it did make him clingy.

That being said, I hope that the formula feeds before bed HELP! I could use a good nights sleep. He's still up every 2 - 3 hours most nights.

May 1st, 2012, 02:33 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
I started using the elliptical that df bought for me. Then Coltons sleeping got even worse and Im just too darn tired to do anything except nap with him. And hes hit that wonderful stage where he cries anytime Im out of sight. In fact even this morning we were in the kitchen, he was in his high chair and he started screaming when he lost sight of me behind the fridge door!!

[/url
May 1st, 2012, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobi4 View Post
In fact even this morning we were in the kitchen, he was in his high chair and he started screaming when he lost sight of me behind the fridge door!!
LOL, this sounds familiar! What is with these boys!? Is it a boy thing, my daughter never did anything like that.

Closed Topic

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search