Moms of Boys post here!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree86Likes

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2012, 02:40 PM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Dominic sounds so much like Miles LOL he's just obsessed in me! DH jokes that if/when we have another he doesn't want me to breastfeed. But I would for sure want to try doing it again, it's been a great experience even if it did make him clingy.
LOL, John says the same thing about Baby #4. I keep trying to tell him that no matter how babies are fed they only act this crazy for a short time, and then before you know it they're running around and don't want to sit still with Mom, Dad, or anyone else. I have no doubt that John and Miles will be BFFs one day and the boobies, meanwhile, will be a distant memory. And I will definitely BF the next one no matter what he says. At least now I know what to expect so I don't make myself crazy with worry the next time (at least that's what I am hoping!).

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

May 1st, 2012, 02:42 PM
CoreenaC's Avatar Carter-Carter's Momma
Carter is incredibly clingy too! Which I love since I do work outside the home, makes me feel like he does still know who I am and he still looks to me for comfort. But my goodness, I want to be able to use the bathroom when I get home from work without getting screamed at as I walk down the hallway!
DS2-EDD 9/10/14
*Thank you so much *Kiliki* for the siggy!*
May 1st, 2012, 02:43 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ahhh! The fact that Dominic just got a hold of his sisters chocolate pudding and is covered in it (including his clothes) reminds me I forgot to buy more baby stain remover today at the store

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
May 1st, 2012, 02:45 PM
Speaking of next babies, DH wants me to ditch the BC and start TTC #2! I talked him into waiting until August, at least! I'm not ready to be pregnant again, as much as I love it! I don't know if I'll be able to return back to work and leave two babies at home, one is hard enough!
DS2-EDD 9/10/14
May 1st, 2012, 02:52 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Keelan is pretty clingy too, but he does love his sister. I can leave the room and he won't cry, but I'm sure there will come a day soon enough that that won't be the case. Gabby is very much like that with Sarah and it's obnoxious.
May 1st, 2012, 02:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
(Can I admit that I secretly wish I could have another?!?!)
DaniB+3 likes this.

Lew, 1, DSD Lauren, 18, and Chuck, 4
May 1st, 2012, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallinWoman View Post
sure you can! If I wasn't old and had a house full already, I'd definitely want more.
May 1st, 2012, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreenaC View Post
Speaking of next babies, DH wants me to ditch the BC and start TTC #2! I talked him into waiting until August, at least! I'm not ready to be pregnant again, as much as I love it! I don't know if I'll be able to return back to work and leave two babies at home, one is hard enough!
That's exciting!! But yeah, you should definitely be the one to decide when you are ready to do the whole pregnancy thing again. It's a lot on our bodies! I wish we could just pass it over to the husbands for a child or two. Though there would probably be so much whining we would wish we did it ourselves haha
CoreenaC likes this.

May 1st, 2012, 02:59 PM
I would be ok with TTC right now, except DH needs a j-o-b first! I told him when I was pregnant that I am not ok with him being a SAHD and that's exactly what he's been doing for the majority of the last 4 months. Once he steps up and gets a job, I don't care if it pays minimum wage at this point, and I don't feel like I'm doing everything myself, I'd be more then willing to get pregnant again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallinWoman View Post
You can admit anything you want, wish you could have another too!
DS2-EDD 9/10/14
May 1st, 2012, 03:01 PM
First Timer!!!
Roran sleeps in his crib now for most of every night!!! stoked!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 1st, 2012, 03:03 PM
I have to admit that I am completely at peace with being done with babies. I thought I would have some regrets, but nope. I love being pregnant, love the whole experience, but no regrets.
May 1st, 2012, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
I have to admit that I am completely at peace with being done with babies. I thought I would have some regrets, but nope. I love being pregnant, love the whole experience, but no regrets.
I'm really hoping that I'll feel that way at some point too. When it took so long to TTC Dominic, I actually truly starting feeling content and satisfied with only 1 child. So I know I *can* feel that way. Which makes me wonder if we should even have more? Or if I should just tell myself "No more! deal with it!"

May 1st, 2012, 03:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleQueen View Post
Roran sleeps in his crib now for most of every night!!! stoked!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOOT WOOT!!!! Awesome!!

I have started to dream feed Lew again. He started getting up at 4 am. Um, no. So now I feed him at 11 or 12 and he sleeps til 6:30 or 7. Much more civilized.
Rachel likes this.

Lew, 1, DSD Lauren, 18, and Chuck, 4
May 1st, 2012, 03:32 PM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish I could be at peace. Tim had his consult with the urologist today. Just last night I decided I was sort of ok with being done. For weeks, Tim has been saying he's 100% done, but he came home a few hours ago saying he's not sure.

We're going to have to think this thing through. It's soooo hard. I don't want another preemie, but I am not at peace with not having another child.

May 1st, 2012, 03:34 PM
I was just thinking about it today, will I just know when I'm doing with the baby making stage or will it always nag at me? If finances weren't an issue, I would literally have 7-8 kids. I don't want to have to fight off baby fever the rest of my life, I would probably end up fostering/adopting a bunch of kids if I don't reach a state of peace with being done (after the next 2 or 3 kids)
DS2-EDD 9/10/14
May 1st, 2012, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Rae~ View Post
We're going to have to think this thing through. It's soooo hard. I don't want another preemie, but I am not at peace with not having another child.
I think if you aren't at peace about it, maybe you should wait before doing anything permanent. There are other ways to prevent until you can fully make up your mind at least that is the point I'm at. So glad I didn't get my tubal I was planning at my last c-section!!!!

May 1st, 2012, 03:38 PM
I think it's hard for most of us to be done.
For me, I KNOW if I had three, that would be it. I would have no problem having my tubes tied right there on the table. Three was always, and will always, be my absolute limit. Four would shake me a little too much, and five....I can't even think about that. LOL.

May 1st, 2012, 03:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
wow the boy thread is going great so far.

Joshua hasn't STTN yet, but i'm okay with it. He only gets up once around 2-3 am, then he nurses and he's right back to sleep. Usually though once he gets that feeding he's in bed with us.

I know i said i was done but geez i am loving joshua so much that i look at how fast he's grown and ALMOST wouldn't mind another one but we really can't. And after the difficulties with his pregnancy I don't want to go thru that again. Sigh.

Joshua is a total mama's boy. I think if he could he would like to be somehow permanently attached to me.
May 1st, 2012, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishblessing View Post
I think if you aren't at peace about it, maybe you should wait before doing anything permanent. There are other ways to prevent until you can fully make up your mind at least that is the point I'm at. So glad I didn't get my tubal I was planning at my last c-section!!!!
That's what my sister said too. I don't want to get back on b/c, but I guess I may have to. I have an appointment on the 21st, so I could ask for some then.
And relying on our use of condoms....well, that's how we got pregnant with number 3. Took only 3 months of that.

May 1st, 2012, 03:43 PM
I know it's not easy, Rae. I was so unsettled after my loss before Keelan. I had tunnel vision about getting pregnant again.
Closed Topic

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search