Moms of Boys post here!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree86Likes

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2012, 03:48 PM
CoreenaC's Avatar Carter-Carter's Momma
I was raised in a house of 5 kids, my aunt has 7 kids, so I think I'm just more used to big families. DH was talking about stopping after #2 when Carter was a newborn but he's since changed his tune!
DS2-EDD 9/10/14
*Thank you so much *Kiliki* for the siggy!*
May 1st, 2012, 03:53 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think a big family would be so nice! Maybe I just think that because I was an only child and sort of feel like I missed out on that (I feel that way now, never did growing up) I wish I had sisters and nieces/nephews etc. I wish I wasn't the only one that is going to be around to help care for my parents as they age (sounds morbid, I know but I've been watching my parents do with lately with my grandparents and both have siblings to help out)

My mom especially is totally against us having any more. It really irritates me, she is always talking about how I should just want to give these ones everything, but I figure family is important too, more important than "stuff" sometimes. They are well off enough, they don't need the whole world handed to them KWIM??

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
May 1st, 2012, 03:56 PM
My mom won't lay off about how "one is a great number" every chance she gets. I understand her thought process but I don't feel done, I'm not done and if I want to have 15 kids, darn it, I'm going to have 15 kids (I don't want to, just for the record!)
irishblessing likes this.
DS2-EDD 9/10/14
May 1st, 2012, 03:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishblessing View Post
I think a big family would be so nice! Maybe I just think that because I was an only child and sort of feel like I missed out on that (I feel that way now, never did growing up) I wish I had sisters and nieces/nephews etc. I wish I wasn't the only one that is going to be around to help care for my parents as they age (sounds morbid, I know but I've been watching my parents do with lately with my grandparents and both have siblings to help out)

My mom especially is totally against us having any more. It really irritates me, she is always talking about how I should just want to give these ones everything, but I figure family is important too, more important than "stuff" sometimes. They are well off enough, they don't need the whole world handed to them KWIM??
Sounds like how my mom and mother in law feel. They were both shocked when they heard we were having joshua. Irritated me a lot.
May 1st, 2012, 03:59 PM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It amazes me when people think they should have a say in how many children other people should have. If you're not responsible for them or expected to contribute in any way, it is not your business!
DaniB+3 and marieks85 like this.

May 1st, 2012, 04:00 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So, I bought some formula today to try to fill Dominic up more before bed. I failed to really think through how I was going to get it into him. I just tried the bottle and he refused that, he does drink from a cup, but doesn't tank it back like I walk him too...

I'm going to try to let him fall asleep and then put the bottle in his mouth, hopefully he will drink without realizing what he's doing!?

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
May 1st, 2012, 04:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Rae~ View Post
It amazes me when people think they should have a say in how many children other people should have. If you're not responsible for them or expected to contribute in any way, it is not your business!
That is exactly what my husband said when the comments were made.
May 1st, 2012, 04:07 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I never planned to have a large family. I thought I was done at 2. I had one of each and that was enough for me. But then I got divorced and met Neely and well, we wanted one of our own. After Daniel I thought I was done too, but then the nagging just would never go away. Then when I did get pregnant, I had a miscarriage and well, the thought of that loss being my last ever pregnancy was just too much. Neely wasn't even completely on board with one more, but well, he didn't want to use condoms either.
May 1st, 2012, 04:08 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Totally agree!

Totally off topic, did you guys see Jessica Simpson had her baby girl? She was something like 9lb 13oz and named Maxwell, which I don't get but whatever!
May 1st, 2012, 04:10 PM
Yeah I saw that! I knew she would have a big baby; she was HUGE. I've never seen a pregnant celeb get so big. It was almost refreshing to see.
Maxwell. Love it for a boy, but for a girl...eh.
tobi4 likes this.

May 1st, 2012, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishblessing View Post
So, I bought some formula today to try to fill Dominic up more before bed. I failed to really think through how I was going to get it into him. I just tried the bottle and he refused that, he does drink from a cup, but doesn't tank it back like I walk him too...

I'm going to try to let him fall asleep and then put the bottle in his mouth, hopefully he will drink without realizing what he's doing!?
Good luck! Sarah is the only one who can get Keelan to drink from a bottle. His refusal to have any to have anything to do with a bottle is probably why I didn't give up on breastfeeding when my nipples were so cracked I cried while feeding him. They are now almost completely healed and nursing is not as painful any more.

Quote:
Yeah I saw that! I knew she would have a big baby; she was HUGE. I've never seen a pregnant celeb get so big. It was almost refreshing to see.
Maxwell. Love it for a boy, but for a girl...eh.
Yeah, I was shocked at the name choice.
May 1st, 2012, 04:12 PM
babi_lovin11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to babi_lovin11
Carter is in the phase again that if hes not on me in some form he is screaming....he went from a happy baby and smiling at everyone to this totally serious baby who only smiles at me lol.
May 1st, 2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaRN View Post
Totally agree!

Totally off topic, did you guys see Jessica Simpson had her baby girl? She was something like 9lb 13oz and named Maxwell, which I don't get but whatever!

She named her DAUGHTER Maxwell!?! That's my husband's name!
DS2-EDD 9/10/14
May 1st, 2012, 04:22 PM
My DF goes back and forth on wanting any more kids its soo annoying, I'm not sure what I want, we are so young I just can't imagine being 41 years old and having NO children in the house thats how old I will be when Carter Graduates from High school.
May 1st, 2012, 04:24 PM
Kayla - My Mom is 43, no kids at home for a couple years and she sometimes has the desire for more kids. It would be so hard for me!
DS2-EDD 9/10/14
May 1st, 2012, 04:39 PM
DF said (and I agree) we should just wait and see how our life unfolds and maybe when I'm 28 we might try for one more, Carter would be 6 then so it would be starting all over again.
May 1st, 2012, 04:42 PM
41 with no kids would be great! Lol. Imagine all the great things you and your DH could do. Also, one of your girls may give you a grandchild. You'd be the young, cool grandma, & that could satisfy your desire for kids!

May 1st, 2012, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreenaC
Kayla - My Mom is 43, no kids at home for a couple years and she sometimes has the desire for more kids. It would be so hard for me!
You're mom is only 3 yrs older than me.

Omgosh. I am going to be 40 next month.
May 1st, 2012, 04:57 PM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If money and circumstances were no object I would easily have 5-6 kids. And I'd get them all out of the way right now! Both of my parents come from big families and it was always so much fun having tons of people around growing up, plus I see how close they all are now as adults. Plus I love the idea of everyone coming together on the holidays, kinda like the movie The Family Stone. I really, really thought I was done after the twins but I think it had much more to do with my first marriage being so terrible than it ever had to do with actual family planning. I wanted more kids -- I just didn't want more with B.

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

May 1st, 2012, 05:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If I could afford it I would like 4 kids. I'll probably settle for 2 but I love the idea of my children always having each other to play with. I grew up with one older sister and younger brother and we are super close

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!
Closed Topic

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search