Going with "No cry sleep solution"...anyone tried it?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2012, 01:44 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I am just tired, really tired. And kierans sleep is getting worse instead of better. He is a rotten cosleeper now (he just tosses and turns and doesn't seem to actually sleep) and he is up every hour in his crib. So I gotta make some changes.

I got this book...the No cry sleep solution. I read it yesterday and it seems somewhat doable. It is a long process, which is not ideal (since I want some sleep, like, yesterday!) But it is supposed to be gentle for baby and tolerable for parents. The one thing that is going to be hard is the paci weaning. It doesn't say I have to, but essentially, if I want him to settle himself, I have to make it possible and he won't find a paci himself at night. So i have to try this way to get him to not fall asleep sucking on something.

But I want someone real (besides the glowing reviews of the book) to tell me this works before I devote a month to it! Anyone, anyone??
May 6th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I wish I could offer experience, but I have none!

I really hope it works for you though! I know how exausting this is! I *just* got Audrina in a bedtime routine and falling asleep by herself, and then she started teething and has been awake hourly every night...even in our bed she rolls, hits and whines all night...

I hope this works out for you!

May 6th, 2012, 08:55 PM
lulumama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We really, really, really tried to do it, but it was too labor intensive and confusing for me (at the time at least) with all the record keeping and tracking. We ended up meeting with a sleep coach and doing a version of a CIO (which I know you don't want to do, neither did I, not at all!). But really, I trusted this coach and she supported her recommendations with a lot of research, and I felt like it was something I could do for at least a few nights and if I didn't see improvement, I would stop. Luckily we did see some improvement. I *hate* hearing him cry but he really has learned to sleep for longer periods and to settle himself back to sleep when he wakes up. We were on a wake up every hour schedule and when it got to every 45 minutes I knew something had to change, not just for me, but for Owen, as well - it just wasn't healthy for him to be waking that often, and by the end of the night he was spitting up because I had nursed him so much throughout the night to get him back to sleep. Now we're at 2 night feedings, 1am and 4am, more or less, and we co-sleep from that second feeding on usually, if it seems like he's not going to go back to sleep easily. Otherwise, we get up at 6, but cosleeping he'll sleep until 7:30 or 8! And he's still the same smiley happy loving little guy throughout the day, and I still get to wear him for his daytime naps so I get that snuggly fix.

Forever missing our baby boy, Otis Allen, born September 12, 2010 at 41 wks; left this world 36 hours later.

Blessed with our Maui Miracle - Owen Kekoa, born 9/19/11 at 35w3d!
May 7th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
I haven't tried it but I hope it works I hope you can get some sleep soon things are still not great here but not nearly that bad hugs

June 12th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Super Mommy
Hi there--I haven't posted here in months and months but I was a member of the DDC and I do check in occasionally. Had to sign in to reply to you because our little boys are two peas in a pod apparently--mine is also a terrible sleeper. Very happy, active boy but his sleep is just the worst.

I read No Cry Sleep Solution a few months ago have had some success with it. It is a lot of work and by no means any sort of miracle cure, but we have made some progress working hard with her ideas and I definitely encourage you to give it your best shot for a month or so! I have found her gentle pull off when he's 3/4 asleep and still nursing has helped a lot--he will often now fuss for like 2 seconds and then sleep instead of insisting on staying attached.

Ultimately I think if your kid has a really really persistent personality like mine does, it might be impossible to have "NO crying" unless you are willing to nurse all night long forever. We do have some crying when I, for example, refuse to nurse him for the third time in two hours at 10 PM like I did last night. At times like that I will hold him tight and sing to him while he cries until he falls asleep. I have also left him fussing in his crib for short times here and there to see what happens with no success yet.

I am considering doing some Ferber MAYBE (husband is pushing me to try it) although if my mama radar tells me he is past "fussing and complaining" and into "distressed and screaming" I know I will abort mission immediately. I get so upset just thinking about it. Really haven't decided what to do yet. I honestly don't mind his bad night sleep but it bleeds over into horrible naps and I just want my boy to be well rested and have nice days with his Daddy while I'm at work.

Sigh. My heart goes out to you--we are right where you are.
June 19th, 2012, 03:50 PM
MrsR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did it with my 7 year old. It worked well enough to get him out of our bed and into his own crib for a time, but I was weak and after my divorce (he was a year old) we went back to cosleeping.

When I did follow it the way I was supposed to it was helpful.

Thank you so much to tasha_mae for my adorable signature!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search