Roran sick any advice?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2012, 10:57 PM
First Timer!!!
well Roran was just puking up everything he was drinking last night and actually like upchucking and dry heaving type thing .... i dont recall him ever doing that before.he was clammy feeling and so i tried to BF him when he was up all night and was desperate .. IT WORKED! i was happy i could nurse him.

he held that down and passed out. he was in a fitful sleep all night it was terrible i havent slept in like two days ... well the first night i was just not comfy .. but then last night !! Roran had the sickness bad ..

so today had a tempo i hear its called a low grade temp ..it read 98.6 but i did it in his armpit so i have to add a degree im told .. so it was 99.6 ...

then later today 99.9 (adding a degree)

gave him little remedies fever stuff ... twice today

hes isnt peeing alot so i gave him 4oz of pedialyte.

umm yeah but hes not taking in alot of formula ... at least he isnt spitting it up today like last night. but giving the pedialyte no doubt cancels out some of the formula needed today.

still though hes had like 2-3 diapers today? one was a poo .. i just KNOW he normally pees more then that ...

more pedialyte tonight gals? what you think?

and if he gets to 100 temp i take him to er? if during night and pedi not open .. or am i supposed to go in at diff temp?

OH and he was so .. like a stuffed animal last night ... just laid around and did nothing ... poor baby ... i almost took him in last night but he wasnt that high a temp .. i hear that babies can be fine with a temp of 99 if they arent acting sick or hot or anything...am i wrong?

what you ladies think?

OMG had to add .. DH is sick .... this has been a rough couple of days!
May 8th, 2012, 10:24 AM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Poor Roran If your DH is sick with similar symptoms I would think he probably has the same thing. Definitely keep the fever down with baby tylenol and/or advil (provided he doesn't throw it up) though I would keep a close eye on him for dehydration, it doesn't take long and he needs to get enough fluids. If he gets any worse in any way or the symptoms persist I would probably take him to the ER to be on the safe side.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
May 8th, 2012, 10:34 AM
First Timer!!!
hrrrmmm .. he didnt pee thru the entire night!

normally wakes with big o pee pee diaper ... im gonna call my sister or mom maybe go to er .. i mean he seems better by how hes acting but ... the pee just isnt coming!
May 8th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Watch his output. If he doesn't pee for more than 12 hours, you should probably take him to his doc or the ER. I'm sorry he's been so sick. Keelan had something like that at around 5 months and he was just so pitiful.

Hope he's on the mend soon!
May 8th, 2012, 10:58 PM
First Timer!!!
indeed rachel about the 12 hours thing

i know hes on the mend cause hes acting like a little brat again!! LOL yay and .... dangit at the same time
May 8th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad he's doing better but boo for him being a brat lol! That's how I know T is feeling better too... His mischevious side comes out

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!
May 9th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad he is feeling better! Poor sick boy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search