Sudden sleep problems at 7 1/2 months??

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2012, 05:35 AM
So, I *know* I've been one of the lucky ones where my little guy has been sleeping through the night consistently since about 4 months... by no means am I trying to be a complainer as I know how much rougher some of you have had it. BUT... He is now 7 1/2 months and suddenly this past week he has reverted back to how he was at 3 months. He is waking up when we go to put him down at night (it often takes 3 tries before we are able to set him down in his crib without waking him up). AND.. he has been waking up in the middle of the night again, usually between 2-3. He stays up for about an hour or so, so it's not a terribly long time or anything. I had just forgotten what it was like to not get a full night's sleep and, since I haven't been used to it, it's hitting me hard. I'm absolutely exhausted.

He *is* teething a lot lately, but he had been teething for awhile and wasn't doing this. Why all of a sudden is this happening again?

Anyone else going through this, or know why it might be occurring?
May 16th, 2012, 08:31 AM
ResilientSmile's Avatar Super Mommy
is he starting to crawl? He might be waking bc of this new milestone. I know Lila has started having some "silly time" when we lay down. She starts to roll over and pushes up like shes going to crawl around the bed. She also fell asleep on her belly last night (she flipped herself there) so maybe he is waking from his own movements. We as adults do this too we are usually unaware as we have developed the ability to put ourselves back to sleep.Just a thought
May 16th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
Totally normal Elise was like that she sttn early and a new milestone or growthspurt will do that in a few weeks I'm sure he will go back to normal and I think waking up and staying up is more brutal than several wakings a night
It is also ok to give tylenol before bed if he is teething it might help him sleep

May 18th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I can totally comiserate. Just when I thought Audri's sleep couldn't get worse...it did. She won't go to bed at all now...

Like suggested above though, I suspect it's a combo of a growth spurt, teething, and learning to crawl! It'll pass! *hugs*

May 18th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My guess is a growth spurt. Brooke has always gotten up a couple times at night, but once in awhile it goes back to the every two hourse instead of 3-4.

May 23rd, 2012, 06:30 AM
I have heard about the whole milestone thing... I guess to my way of thinking it would make more sense for him to be sleeping MORE during periods of developmental growth. I remember people saying that babies become less active in the womb during growth spurts because they need to sleep more during those times. Just thought the same would be true now that they are here! But, maybe not.

Thanks guys! At least I know there is some method to the madness, lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search