Supermoms

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By mom2moose
  • 1 Post By Mom2twolittlemen
  • 2 Post By Momof4Boyz
  • 2 Post By BeachMum
  • 1 Post By applejacks

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Super Mommy
So I had a great Memorial Day weekend, but it was one of those weekends where all of a sudden it's Monday night and I'm wondering where the heck the time went. DH and I spent almost all day yesterday doing a deep clean of the house and yet there's still things left on the to-do list, which just never seems to get any smaller after having a baby! Which brings me to my rant/question.

I'm on Pinterest and check out some various mommy blogs from time to time. And I've noticed a lot of women using specific cleaning schedules, they also make a lot of homemade meals and talk about meal planning and freezing meals to heat up later. A lot of these same women also fit in regular exercise (and sexy time with their SOs!) into their daily routine as well.

Well, that's it. After a 3 day weekend where I didn't get nearly as much done as I wanted to, I'm officially throwing my hands up in the air and saying, "How in the heck do these supermoms do it?!" Seriously. Do they get no sleep? Are they on some type of drugs? Or are they just lying through their teeth? I'm starting to suspect the latter...

Thoughts? Suggestions? Random musings on mommyhood?
May 29th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I often wonder the same thing! I just can't seem to get it all done. I just do what I can do and what doesn't get done - doesn't get done. I'm not superwomen and am not going to try and do everything. I do try and do a little each day rather then trying to do it all in one day but still things back up. Good luck - LOL
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
May 29th, 2012, 09:58 AM
mom2moose
Life is short and babies only stay babies for a while. Cleaning always gets done, in it's own time. LOL

For me, I do all the cleaning in the morning, when the kids are at their best. Then, when Finn takes an afternoon nap, I tackle the to-do list. (Mine also never seems to get smaller. LOL)

I think it also depends on how many kids you have, and how much help your hubby is. Bottom line for me, is as long as the kids are provided for and happy, your job is complete!
momie2b9-20-11 and applejacks like this.
May 29th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Mom2twolittlemen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2twolittlemen Send a message via MSN to Mom2twolittlemen
I think that supermoms dont sleep or play with their children. For me, I do clean and I deepclean once a week, but it ALWAYS takes away from my kids for that time period. Its all about finding a balance and trying to not let the little things get to you. I honeestly think your a supermom for tackeling the never ever list

ending*
Mum2LGandC likes this.

May 29th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Mum2LGandC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I struggle with this same thing. It's like there just aren't enough hours in the day sometimes. I try to do most of my housework when either Cooper is napping or all the kids are in bed for the night. And even that is hard sometimes because all I want to do is relax after working all day. It's been hard finding a balance, but at the end of the day as long as my kids are happy and taken care of, that's all that matters. The housework will wait for another day.

May 30th, 2012, 05:34 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
I've read those things too and honestly I wonder how much of it is "said" vs "done", kwim? It's easy to write about all the things you do, not as easy to actually do them! I spend about an hour to an hour and a half a day cleaning, not at all once either. It's broke up throughout the day. It's not a lot of time but enough to keep the house is decent order. Certainly not as clean as I'd like but I'm coming to the point of accepting that my house will never be as clean as I'd like with kids living in it lol.

Facebook
May 30th, 2012, 06:35 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it's a myth. It's easy to LOOK the part, but something will always be neglected. Whether it be your children, your alone time, your hubby, housework, etc. I think what the best thing to do is to do what is most important. For me, it's playing with my kids, making lifetime memories with my kids. SO maybe my house won't be the most put together sometimes. I usually do my cleaning in the morning and then I have the rest of the day to do stuff. For us, if we put things back where they go after using it, my house stays cleaner and not so disorganized. I have older kids now too so they help with easy chores.

May 30th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Super Mommy
I agree with you guys- you made some great points! I think it is all about balance and at the end of the day, if we did our best to be a good mother, wife, employee, daughter, sister, friend, co-worker, neighbor (and all of the other roles we play!) than I think that's all we can ask for and that's a good day.

But then there are days when we feel like we're just spinning our wheels, like we could be more efficient and effective. And we think about the fact that we could enjoy our time with our children more if... well... we had our !*%# together a little more than we do now, lol. And so it's on those days that I do wonder if there's a better approach and if there are in fact some bits and pieces we can take from the Supermoms and implement in our day to day lives.

I mean, I think we all know the women that take it too far but on the other hand, I think we also all know that one genuine woman that you think, "How DOES she do it?" You know what I mean?

Has anybody learned any good tips from maybe not a Supermom, but a mom you're in awe of?
May 30th, 2012, 06:50 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I guess I do t understand your question. I'm told alllll the time that I'm a supermom and I hate it. Its too much expectation to live up to. I'm happy, my family is happy I guess that all that matters to me. Not sure what tips you are looking for????

May 30th, 2012, 07:42 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've noticed that a lot of REALLY clean-freak moms seem to spend less time with their kids and more time cleaning.
I'm not one of those. I keep it reasonable, maybe slightly more on the messy side baby toy wise, but our stuff gets done same as everyone else's household. Why stress yourself and your family out going nuts cleaning?

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
May 30th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think there is too much pressure on woman to be the perfect mom, wife, employee, sister, daughter, etc. You are who and what you are. I am definitely not a supermom. I clean a little every day, usually when Katherine is down for a nap or playing in her pack and play. I pick one room a week to deep clean and try not to let it bother me if it doesn't get done as well as I would like. There is always laundry to fold or dishes to wash, but for me its more important to spend time talking and playing with my baby. They grow so fast, especially at this age and everyday holds a new accomplishment. I don't want to miss any of them because I'm trying to be wonder woman.
Mom2twolittlemen likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search