Rant

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Co Host - July 2011 PR
So I know I shouldn't be complaining because we are moving into our own place in 5 weeks but I have to get this off my chest otherwise I'm going to explode and I think if I rant to my hubby about his family one more time he's going to blow up at me.

I'm sick and tired of feeling taken advantage of. I know everyone works but when they leave I'm left with sinks full of dishes and everything is a mess. I spend my day cleaning and then cook supper (most of the time) when my FIL and MIL come home. If I don't have the kitchen clean when they get home I get dirty looks and whispers behind my back. I thought that moving here would be great because I would have help from time to time with Charlie but I don't even think they hold him more than a couple times a week!!! Any time that Chris and I ask for them to babysit it's for after he goes to bed and we're only gone a coupld hours and I get "Well I GUESS we can watch him" When Charlie was going through a rough stage with sleeping and I was exhausted I never got any offers for them to watch him while I go for a quick nap or even just go for a breather. They've maybe only babysat him 6 times in the past 6 months.

My Brother in Law who still lives with his parents is a 30 year old, lazy piece of garbage. All he spends his money on is pot and god knows what other kind of drugs. He makes the same as my hubby and yet can't afford his own gas, smokes, or anything else. He's out of money a couple of days after he gets paid and all he has for bill are his cell phone... my hubby drive him to work so really he doesn't even pay for gas and he's put his truck payments on my inlaws so they pay for that and his insurance company has taken him to collections because he refuses to pay them too. He never picks up after himself, he smells like weed CONSTANTLY and he never offers to give my hubby any money for gas or anything else! My inlaws have spent THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of dollars on him with bills, fines, tickets, and god knows what else and they can't even help us out.

Since we've moved I'm the only one who takes the dogs outside (my puppy and two of theirs) and then when my dog pees in the house because she's been whining at their feet for the past 20 minutes to go outside they ***** and complain!

NOW my sister in law has offered to watch Charlie 3 days a week for 3-4 hours at a time for when I go back to work so I told her I could give her $50/week which I thought was extremely generous seeing as how he's not even going to be eating meals there and then my MIL has the nerve to tell me that I should be giving her at least $60 a week. When my sister in law has HER mother in law watching her two kids she complained that she was asking for $40/week saying that family shouldn't charge you and blah blah blah and now I'm being cheap by offering $50?!?!?!?!?!?!

I'm at the point where once we move into our place I'm going to find a private babysitter and I don't want to have anything to do with his family anymore. They helped us out by letting us move here so we could save up money but really we've put in more than we've gotten out and we're in the same position we were in before we moved here and the stress hasn't been worth it at all. I'm so pissed at myself for comprimising on values only because I was tired of the verbal lash back that I got and I'm pissed for imposing this stress and bull**** on my son. AHHHHHHH if I could erase the past 6 months aand start over I would have stayed in our little apartment because at least it was our own space and I didn't have to deal with this crap! We wouldn't have been any worse off than we are now!!!!

Rant over.. I'm sorry. I'm beyond having enough!

Proud mama to 10 month old, Charlie <3 !
May 29th, 2012, 06:30 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
*hugs!* hun! I don't have any advice, but I'm sorry you're dealing with all of that
May 29th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Destiny
I wish I had advice for you. In-laws make things sticky and hard to deal with.

May 29th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Co Host - July 2011 PR
Thanks ladies. Sorry foe being such a downer tonight. One of those nights I guess.

May 30th, 2012, 04:31 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hugs. thankfully my fil is not like that

May 30th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Oh what a tough situation hun. I am glad you are at least moving soon to distance yourself from all of that nonsense! Hugs!!
June 3rd, 2012, 10:34 PM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
Sorry you have to deal with all that crap.My in laws suck too,they haven't babysat in over 14 years and my mom hasen't for 6 years,so I know where you are coming from.It's just DH and I.So grateful for my hubby,he watches them on the weekends while I go grocery shopping.So that's a get a way for me.But anyways SO GLAD you are getting away from the headache!!!

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

June 4th, 2012, 04:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That sounds like an awful situation. Hopefully moving into your own place will lighten the stress on you.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

June 4th, 2012, 04:42 AM
Co Host - July 2011 PR
Thanks ladies! Moving should help for sure. Only 4 1/2 more weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search