'Naughty Naughty'

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Momof4Boyz
  • 1 Post By Andrea1122
  • 1 Post By kiszi

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 30th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Have you given your LO anything yummy or sweet(like soda, dessert,...)?
How did they like it?
How often do you?
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

May 30th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Super Mommy
No, and you know I've never even though about it. My husband tried to give Brady some lemon the other day just because he was curious about his reaction, lol but Brady wouldn't go near it! It was like he knew.

My MIL did ask me the last time we were at a family party if Brady would like some cake and I thought she was joking so I just rolled my eyes and laughed like, "Ha yeah right" and then she turned to her sister and said, "Whoa- did you see that look?!"
May 30th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Mom2twolittlemen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2twolittlemen Send a message via MSN to Mom2twolittlemen
No... we have done nothing like that. Bradley had his FIRST sip of soda pop very recently. He did not have any real sugary treats until he turned one. However, my parents have let Nathan "taste" ice cream when I wasn't around.

May 30th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Mum2LGandC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope. His first experience with sweets will be his birthday cake. We try not to give our kids too many sweets. They don't drink pop except the occassional one when my mum is visiting (once a year) and it is always caffeine free.

May 30th, 2012, 07:27 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mil is constantly giving jace sweets. agggg!

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
May 31st, 2012, 01:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I guess I'm the naughty one! Kynslee will occasionally have a super tiny bit of my icecream. The amount is so so small though and not often. She actually got her first taste of a pickle after she got mine - oops! She's so fast when grabbing things. I haven't tried soda and am NOT going to. We don't even drink that much and Kynslee for sure doesn't need it.

May 31st, 2012, 06:30 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Carson has tried lots of foods that he really doesn't need compliments of his 3 yr old brother who tells me, "mommy I just sharing with the bebe!"

Facebook
May 31st, 2012, 09:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Katherine hasn't had any sweets yet. Dh and I don't drink a lot of soda, maybe once a month, so we don't plan on letting her have any for a long time. Yogurt, fruit, and animal crackers are the closest things she'll get to sweets until her first birthday. DH is a little nuts about what we feed baby girl. If it was up to him we would be raising a little organic vegetarian who never ate a processed thing or fast food in her life. He wont eat that way so I don't know why he is so obsessed about it.

May 31st, 2012, 10:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My daughter still only gets fruits, veggies, baby meats and formula..She's go so many allergies Im afraid of starting table food with her..As it is we need to make all of her baby food from scratch..She does exhibit classic symptoms of gluten intolerance or celiac disease and since I can't tolerate it its not surprising..it'll be an interesting first birthday for her..Have to find a recipe for gluten free, dairy free,soy free and preservative free cake..yea right..LOL

May 31st, 2012, 12:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
^Sorry she has so many allergies! No fun

June 1st, 2012, 07:17 AM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
Fallon hasn't had anything bad, because I'd smack someone who gave her something "unhealthy". My MIL tried giving her whipped cream and I almost killed her. Breastmilk and healthy finger foods only for my munchkin.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
June 1st, 2012, 10:55 AM
Cwright's Avatar Super Mommy
The only "sweets" she's had are puffs or those arrowroot cookies which taste really good! She loves all foods and she's tried a pickle and a lemon, she loved the lemon until she bit into the peel! LOL We don't do juice and we won't give her cake until her bday, my DH has high cholesterol and it runs in his family so she'll have a very healthy diet growing up.

Thank you Babydoll213 for my Siggy!

June 1st, 2012, 06:29 PM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
No not really much. My mom gave him a bit of ice cream and cake, but i cant say it was much so no biggie. I do no junk food for at least a year. We arent super super healthy eaters, so i cant expect him to be either. But i can prolong it as long as i can..
Mom2twolittlemen likes this.

June 1st, 2012, 06:51 PM
kiszi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I let Kayli have a taste of ice cream once, but that's it unless you count pancakes without syrup. I don't think we'll hold off on sweets with her as long as we did with her brother (he didn't even try chocolate till 3 I think) but we try to eat healthy foods while allowing junk food in moderation. Got to have a balance.
Mom2twolittlemen likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search