Father's Day is coming up!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2012, 06:26 AM
Super Mommy
What are you doing for Father's Day? I saw this idea on Pinterest and loved it- I bought DH a tie rack and I'm going to stencil the words "Daddy's love TIES us together" on the top. It's perfect too because DH is starting a new job where he'll have to wear ties and right now the ones we have are in random piles, so we need some organization!

I'd like to do one other small thing too, although I'm not sure what it will be... I also saw a jar of peanut M&M's with the phrase: "To my slightly nutty but sweet Dad" and I thought that was cute.

Or I might put Brady's hand prints upside down on a piece of paper and frame it with the phrase: "Happy Father's Day to the best Daddy, hands down!"
June 1st, 2012, 06:56 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a few in mind, gotta decide what to make. We'll be going out of town father's day weekend and we're buying him a new tv.

June 1st, 2012, 04:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Those are cute ideas! I love doing special things and am still thinking of different things to possibly do. I already got him a card and then I got a code for a free photo card from shutterfly so I got a free card with photos of Kynslee (and one family photo) and then the inside is of Sam(DH) holding her within minutes after she was born and put something about you loved me from the start and I'll always love you. I think he'll enjoy that.

I always enjoyed Mother's day and Father's day when I worked at the daycare as I always came up with fun little gifts and saying to give to the parents. It's just hard when they are so young and more ideas pertain to toddlers plus.

Here is a site that I always found good crafts on: Crafts for Kids - EnchantedLearning.com. Enchantedlearning.com (link above) has crafts for all different themes/holidays. I would go to this site whenever I wanted a good craft
June 4th, 2012, 10:14 AM
bayhay's Avatar Veteran
Nothing. He says it's stupid, so until she's big enough to make something herself, I'm not doing anything. I planned my own mother's day present (which was going to see a comedian two months beforehand). He went along, but didn't put any effort into it, and he didn't even get me a card on the real day. So he's not getting a darn thing! Can you tell he made me mad last night?

June 4th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
^ LOL!!

DH sometimes the same way. I kinda hinted that I really would feel special if had a Mother's Day card and he did get me one but he never makes a fuss over anything. He didn't even want me to get him a birthday gift. I'm going to try and do something special for him though as I enjoy it and it's fun for me.
June 4th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayhay View Post
Nothing. He says it's stupid, so until she's big enough to make something herself, I'm not doing anything. I planned my own mother's day present (which was going to see a comedian two months beforehand). He went along, but didn't put any effort into it, and he didn't even get me a card on the real day. So he's not getting a darn thing! Can you tell he made me mad last night?
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! I'm the type of person that loves holidays and special occasions, so I would have been really upset by that. But I like to make a big deal out of thoughtful, personal gifts for others too so I say that I may have high standards for people (in a lot of ways, really lol) but I don't hold anyone to a higher standard than I hold myself! And I try not to do anything expensive. DH went a little overboard in terms of how much he spent on Mother's Day and I'm not going to try to top that or equal that, but I will put extra effort into how personal or thoughtful the gesture is, just to show him how much I care and that I appreciate him.
June 5th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Father's day falls on my birthday so we'll probably just do dinner and call it good. I'll let the kids make him something.

Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search