Hello out there!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2012, 12:30 PM
jep2709's Avatar Member
Hey all! I'm new here. I *think* I'm in the right place (My god, this is long. You don't have to read the whole thing below, but if you do, yay!)

A bit about me and mine: My name is Jess. I'm 28 (I had to think about that for a second, I always forget how old I am!) and I'm mommy to Rhys who is 9 months old. We currently live in England, but in a couple months will be moving back to my home state of California. Just waiting on DH's visa which seems to be taking fooooorrrrreeeevvvverrr! I've been over here for 4 years now which is like 3 years and 11 months too long. I'm still on maternity leave (one of the brilliant things about the UK!) and have sent in my resignation to my employer a couple days ago so I think that means I'm a SAHM! In August I'm starting college again to knock some prerequisites out of the way so I can go into a nursing program. My goal is to become an IBCLC as living over here where the support is mostly really good, and having a bit of a struggle with BFing early on, I've become super passionate about helping out new moms who would really like to breastfeed and are running into snags (ours were undiagnosed tongue and lip ties ).

I've sort of subscribed to AP and NP from the beginning without even knowing what they were. Rhys is breastfed (with no plans to stop any time soon!), we bed share, baby wear (in a proper wrap or carrier not the crotch-danglers!), do BLW, organic food, cloth nappies (diapers to you guys! going to have to get used to that...). I also make my own cloth *diapers* (I did it! I said "diaper"!) as well as other baby goodies and will be selling them once I move over to help bring in some dough while I'm in school. I also really, really love buying nappies from other WAHMs so if anyone knows of any good ones, let me know! I know a few US based ones but not many.

Oh, and I have a moderate to severe sugar addiction. Seriously, it's really bad.

Oliver Rhys, born 8/24/11, 8Lb, 2oz

June 3rd, 2012, 12:37 PM
CoreenaC's Avatar Carter-Carter's Momma
WELCOME! I'm a newer girl here too, since I joined in January, I've become attached to this place, it's a great group of ladies! Feel free to jump in and start posting!

I'm mommy to Carter, a little guy who is my whole world. Recently (as in last Tuesday) became a SAHM! We are also breastfeeding (with some supplementing while I work on getting my supply back up, working really hit my supply hard) full-term, babywearing, BLW (with some purees since we are pushing calories to keep the doctors from saying he's failure to thrive), cloth diapers and partial bed sharing, that we're trying to end currently but he's fighting it.

Come join the posting battle with the mom's of 1 or 2!
DS2-EDD 9/10/14
*Thank you so much *Kiliki* for the siggy!*
June 3rd, 2012, 12:47 PM
jep2709's Avatar Member
Hi Coreena! I looooooooooooove the name Carter. It was on our shortlist Thanks for saying hi!

June 3rd, 2012, 12:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
welcome to the board! I'm April. My daugher Alexandra is 10 months. I'm a SAHM too. We just started cloth diapering and I'm actually in the process of getting what I need together to try making my own.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

June 3rd, 2012, 02:13 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi & Welcome!

I'm Amber, Mom to Savannah.
Looking forward to seeing more posts from you!
June 3rd, 2012, 03:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome

I'm Mandy. Mama to my 10 month old Brynlee and married to Joe.

June 3rd, 2012, 03:50 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Welcome! My August baby, Keelan, came in July, so he's 10 months already. Looking forward to getting to know you!
June 3rd, 2012, 03:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Jess! Welcome to our PR!

I'm marie. Mom to almost 10 month old Tristan.

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!
June 3rd, 2012, 04:03 PM
teacher.123's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Jess! I'm Marika. I'm 27 and mama to 9 month Savannah (8/23/11). I had supply issues the first month. Savannah started losing weight and I had to supplement. After one month I quit BFing. It could have been that I wasn't eating enough calories, having her nurse enough, or because I had surgery in the past (they said it could effect breastfeeding). I'm planning to try again with #2. We also cloth diaper. Here are some of my favorites so far from WAHMs:
~ELH Diapers Online Shop
~The Diaper Addict Online Shop
~Cutiepoops pocket cloth diapers (on maternity leave)

1/3 of the diapers I have made work. LOL... Really need to find the time to make changes to the pattern and make some more.

Glad you decided to join us! This is a fun group. Many of these girls have BTDT and were able to give me advice whenever I needed it. Welcome to the bunch!
w292737 likes this.

June 3rd, 2012, 04:50 PM
Happy Mommy
welcome!! jump righty in
June 3rd, 2012, 05:01 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
June 3rd, 2012, 06:02 PM
First Timer!!!
NICE!! another girl from Cali!!

im shannon .. my son is Roran .. and we live in the Sacramento area

how long it Mat leave in england??? thats a long time!!!

i honestly feel its CRUEL to ask a mother to leave her baby and work after 1-2 or even three months after birth .... yup ,,, thats the longest you get it here.... CRUEL i think

OH MAN its gonna be fun seeing you post and saying british stuff that some might not getlike nappies ... THEN you can share these lingos with us and we will be educated in british slag or w/e you wanna call it!!

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
June 3rd, 2012, 07:15 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello from Canada! I'm one of the few Canadian girls on here. My August baby also came in July and is already 10 months old.

DS is my 3rd baby, I'm also a SAHM and I'm one mixed up mommy. I started out bfing, but stopped around 4 months and switched to formula (not by choice), I babywear, but we do own a stroller (3 actually), he has his own crib but spends some nights in our bed, I made all my own babyfood for him from the fruits and veggies planted and grown by my mom and I on her farm but did use some infant cereal and I use sposies for him, only my first baby used cloth.

June 3rd, 2012, 08:02 PM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!
Im Kara, mom to Katelyn (10 months) and AJ 4 yrs. Im a SAHM too atm.
We cloth diaper too

Rebecca (halfbaked) on this board makes super cute diapers!

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

June 3rd, 2012, 11:17 PM
jep2709's Avatar Member
Thanks for the warm welcome And the WAHM recommendations!! I love buying new fluff!

Shannon your post totally made me laugh. I'm sitting at the table, DH and I are completely exhausted, DS is coughing up s lung (poor mite) and we're all just generally grumpy so I welcomed it! Also, we're moving to Elk Grove! How crazy is that? I was raised in Livermore but spent my last 8 years in Cali in San Luis Obispo. I'm on the hunt for baby meets around the area so if you know of any, let me know! I'm used to having stay and play groups at least twice a week and other various baby groups plus it would be nice to meet other moms.

Mat leave over here is 12 months, 9 months paid! I'm sooooooo lucky to have had the experience of having Rhys over here because the birthing and mothering culture is so different so I've got an experience I wouldn't have had in the US, especially being able to spend the first year at home. I agree, cruel is the exact term. I almost went back to work when Rhys was 5 and a half months old and I couldn't do it.

As for British slang, I know the lot! Haha. I often get made fun of by my friends and family when we talk/video chat because apparently I've picked up a british "twang". DS is English too so I probably won't lose the lingo anyway (I prefer nappies to diapers too, I don't know why!)

June 4th, 2012, 12:07 AM
First Timer!!!
well jess i live NOT AT ALL far from elk grove .. i mean i think its like 30 to 40 mins away which . i mean isnt THAT far............

and wow . mat leave is a year ..... 9 of it paid . UNBELIEVABLE ............... im moving now so srry i wont live by elk grove fyi scratch that LOLOLOL
June 4th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello and welcome to the board!

I'm Angie, mommy to Kairi (4 years) and Alexis (10 months and some days), married, SAHM. We do cloth diaper, bed sharing, BFing, etc, AP without really paying attention to that fact.

How were the Jubilee celebrations over there? I'm in Canada, and since we're still technically one of the colonies we hear a lot about it and celebrate as well. I imagine it's a lot bigger there! Did you get out and do/see anything?
CanadianLou and tobi4 like this.
June 4th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi there! I'm Carolyn, mommy to Elise. She's the youngest baby here, born 9-9-11 (overdue) so she's not even 9 months old yet, he he. We do some NP stuff, like I made my own prefold diapers and baby food. We still breastfeed on demand, but we gave up cosleeping (that was a long process) and transitioned to a crib just under a month ago (that was a rather quick process).

See you around!
June 4th, 2012, 12:26 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
Hi Welcome to our board!! Im Tobi, another cosleeping, breastfeeding, baby food making, cloth diapering mamma!
Glad to see ya here!

[/url
June 5th, 2012, 12:04 PM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
Welcome! Another Mom from Canada here!

I have Rylee (9yrs), Alivia (2yrs) and Liam (9mths).. I look forward to getting to know you!!!!

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search