Delights and challenges...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2012, 07:03 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
So now that our babies are getting older and more independent, what do you find to be the biggest delights of this age? And what are the biggest challenges you are facing?

Were they what you were expecting? Or different?
June 5th, 2012, 10:33 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Okay...I'll go first!

My biggest delight is how social Kieran is and how quickly he is learning. I love watching him figure out new things and apply his new knowledge. Sometimes I just watch him soak up everything he sees and just can't stop thinking how smart my kid is

My biggest challenge is his activity level. For being his age, he just go-go-gos all the time, even when he wants to be held. Which is really hard to hold and cuddle a huge baby who just wants to touch everything and get to everything. Sometimes I get frustrated with him because he can't just sit nicely on my hip and let me do something. He must launch himself everywhere. But then I feel guilty.

And as for expected...the challenge was absolutely not something I ever considered. Liam was not this active (or big) and he was not nearly as "into" everything as Kieran is. The learning thing is more expected. But I forgot how cool it was to watch! And how proud I would be of him
June 5th, 2012, 11:57 AM
PointDefiance's Avatar My job is life itself.
Ditto! Alice is super social and loves almost everyone! She loves animals [unless they are black, like my horse] and smiles and laughs all the time!

She is super go-go-go tho, she has passed crawling and has a push walker she can pull herself up on, and runs thru our apartment at full speed, room to room laughing and squaking lol

I expected most of it I think... I just didnt expect her to be THIS mobile, THIS early!
June 5th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
I love how quickly she got personallity Elise took awhile longer to do that because she was always sleeping and she is so quick to learn already cruising furniture and can let go and stand alone for a few seconds what is hardest that I didn't expect is she never sleeps or at least it feels that way and a love hats I have is she is such a mama's girl which is so sweet but she wont let any other woman hold her

June 7th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Pretty much the same thing that everyone is saying. I love seeing brooke learn new things, but she always has to be on the go. She gets bored super easy and is fussy if we stay home to much. She loves to go places, even if its just outside of the house. I think the hardest thing other than entertaining her is changing her diaper. THat is a CHALLENGE!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search