this is going to sound horrible

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
But I think I have almost reached my limit in the sleep department Alex is 8 months old her sleep sucked to begin with and is just getting worse she wont sleep unswaddled I have to bounce her to sleep on my exercise ball which with at 24 lbder is starting to hurt she is refusing what little day sleep she gets we are down to about an hour a day. I don't know what else to try we have bqlck out curtains we use a sound machine if I lay her down groggy she gets pissed iwas going to set my alarm to get up a half hour before shewakes to feed her and then spaceit outbut she never wakes at the same time
I need to start unswaddling her soon because she is just to big and I am afraid she will get theblanket ul around her neck so once we go to the allergist on Friday and and that last tooth comes in (number 6 she has got a mouthfull now) ithink I'm going to have togothere cio. The thing I have always been so agianst but iget it now I will still feed her if she is hungry but just to get her to go back to sleep I would never not feed a hungry baby ahh this is more of a vent but I have hope that the allergist works some sort of magic

June 5th, 2012, 10:28 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I am so sorry

I really, really, really understand. I have been there before (with Liam) and we did do CIO. It made it "better" but not perfect. He stopped waking up every hour at night. I dont know if he waking is the problem or just the going down. But I hope the allergist has some ideas. It's a hard decision To have to make.

I am almost there again. And I am trying whatever I can to not have to go thru CIO again. But some days I really feel at a loss as to what else might help me get more sleep. I think Kierans is a habit and I don't know how to break it. But I am no help. I wish I had a magic solution, but I don't think there is one
June 5th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks it is just so hard I never went through thiswith Elise she night weaned at 10 months and then by 15 months slept 14 hours at night and I can deal with wake ups just not so many or it takes forever to get her back to sleep and I don't like sleeping with her to much it makes me so sore I wake up with tennis elbow almost
I still don't know what I am going to do but I know I need to make a change and it is slelfish but I am thinking ahead to one when I want to wean and at this rate its not going to happen I love being able to get my girls to the point where they don't need formal but after a more than 10 month pregnancyand a year of nursing I am ready tohave my body back

June 6th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
I can empathize! I'm so sorry you are struggling so much. It's not easy, that's for sure. Jocelyn, at 4 weeks, started sleeping 5-7 hours straight at night. Then by 4 months, she was up every 2 hours from 8 to 12, then every hour until 8am. It's crazy! She finally stopped that pattern just in the last few weeks. I've had to do some form of CIO with all of my kids at one point or another. But then, I'm not against it. I understand why it's bad, but I feel there are degrees of CIO, and they aren't all bad. If you are able to stay close with your child in every other aspect, I think you need to do what you have to do to keep your own sanity. Good luck!

June 7th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks and I am not against cio. I have just never had to do it and I just bate it there ail prabably be as many tears from me as from her

June 7th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry I dont have any advice except do what you feel you have to. I dont want to ever do cio with brooke, but if she got to the point where she needed it then I prolly would (which is getting close) CIO can be good if you do go to an extreme with it. Is she waking up cuz she's hungry? IF so try baby cereal or something to fill her up at night. Atleast thats what I was always told to try. It didnt work for brooke but maybe it will for alex.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search