Friendly Friday

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mom2moose

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2012, 06:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you have close friends living by you? Do they have LO's for your kid/s to play with?
Baby #2 is on the way!!
June 8th, 2012, 07:05 AM
mom2moose
I have one IRL BFF and she is single, no kids. I have my internet bestie, who I met here and I have a large group of internet mommy friends, also from here. I feel pretty lucky!
JessP likes this.
June 8th, 2012, 07:31 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have one really good friend that lives near me. She was my first friend that I made when I moved here. She has 2 kids, that are near my first 2 kids' ages. Then I have another bff that lives in Florida. She has 3 kids. We don't get to play together because we live so far apart now.

June 8th, 2012, 07:42 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
My friends from before kids don't live around here and don't have kids. But I have met some great friends where I live and they all have kids similar in age to mine. Some within days
June 9th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have some friends at the church we go to but they are not close friends. My really close friends are about 4 1/2 hrs away and then more close friends out of state in TX where I'm originally from. One of the friends from church has a boy that's a year older then Kynslee but Kynslee doesn't really like him too much as he's a meanie and a spoiled brat.
Baby #2 is on the way!!
June 10th, 2012, 09:30 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
My bestie lives in Texas . I don't have very many friends around here and none that have kids Kaitlynn's age. I have some friends I see on occasion mostly when my oldest has a sleep over or something. I should branch out more LOL.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

June 11th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Super Mommy
I should branch out more too. I have a handful of friends that I see regularly for lunch. We chat and catch up and e-mail or text occasionally. We stay updated on each other's lives, but not on like a daily or weekly basis.

Then I have some work friends that are more in tune with my day to day stuff, but we don't get together on the weekends. And I have some high school and college friends that live out of town that are a blast to hang out with whenever we get together, but that's pretty rare with everybody's busy schedules.

DH and I are very close to our families, who are in the area. So we spend most of our weekend time with our siblings, parents and extended family. That's nice, but none of them have kids around Brady's age so I wish we had more friends in the area or neighbors that did.

My dream one day is to have 1 or 2 sets of couple friends that we can go on vacation with or that we have a standing date night with every month or whatever, but that just hasn't happened yet!
June 11th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Momma2BraylonandMadeline's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Momma2BraylonandMadeline
We have a group of friends with kids around the same age as ours. We have two so far and they each have one but it is fun that they now have kids too (a bit younger or inbetween my kids) so we don't feel as much of outcasts as we once did when we started having kids before them. My HS friends are still single and it is more and more difficult to find time for them since they are not in town and our focus in life right now is very different.

Thanks claire1979 for my adorable siggy!

June 14th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Sadly, no. We do have a few acquaintances we've met in our sub divison that our boys like to play with but we're not formal "friends" (mainly because I can't talk to their parents - they speak spanish and I don't!)

Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search