Fever

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BeachMum
  • 1 Post By BeachMum

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Any of you ladies have ideas on how to get a fever down? Kynslee woke with a fever early this morning at 100 and it went up to 102 and then has gone slowly but is about 101 now. I called her pedi and they agree with me that they think it's teething related. I've given her Tylenol every 4 hour like the pedi recommended and still hasn't gone down that much. She acts normal otherwise besides sometimes crabby but teething stuff works and usually takes care of that. Any of you have any ideas of how to help break a fever? And, how long does a teething fever usually last? I feel so sorry for her - she's so hot. It's been about 16 hours since first noticed fever and gave her tylenol.
June 9th, 2012, 02:08 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I prefer advil to Tylenol. I don't typically treat a fever unless my kids are miserable. Fevers are the body's way of fighting off infection. Funny that you posted this though, I'm up with my Matthew who has a fever. I'd try the advil. Put her in just a diaper and onesie, cool bath, just make sure she stays hydrated. (hugs) momma its often harder on the mommas.
JessP likes this.

June 9th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I bought some advil and gave her some a few hours ago. We'll see what it does. The fever doesn't seem to be as high today and she's acting more like herself. Hopefully the teeth pop thorough soon!
June 9th, 2012, 06:18 PM
I sure hope so!! {HUGS} matthew cut his top front tooth today so I'm thinking that's what his fever was. His other one will probably be through tomorrow. Boo (he has 5 right now).

June 9th, 2012, 07:14 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
We haven't given Kaitlynn anything for fevers but my older two we would alternate tylenol and motrin. I think there are recalls out though . I hope the teeth pop through soon and she feels better. Teething is so tough on everyone.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

June 10th, 2012, 02:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
This teething is not only kicking Kynslee's butt but mine and DH's also!! Kynslee fought and fought to go to sleep and as I was putting her in the crib it said 1:14 and at 2:02 she woke screaming in pain! The fever finally broke for the most part or comes only be low-grade; But, neither Tylenol or advil has helped the pain and teething tablets do little!! She seems to do good during the day, it's the evening and night that seems to hit the worse.

I know you ladies all deal with it but so hard to be with little sleep and try and comfort a screaming LO. I hate seeing her in so much pain and not being able to do anything - breaks my heart
June 10th, 2012, 08:57 AM
I would take her in, maybe it's NOT teething and her ears?? Usually with teething pain, the advil/tylenol/teething tablets help. Sometimes with the ears, not so much. I hope she's much better tonight!
JessP likes this.

June 10th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
She seems to be doing a lot better today but she also seemed better yesterday during the day. I'll see how she does tonight and then call her pedi and see if I can get in and at least get her checked out. I think why her pedi didn't want me to come at first becausee it's MediCal (I don't care for the program but sure does help) and there are so few docs that take it that they are always swamped with patients. But, it wouldn't hurt to just get her checked and if is only teething then I know but if not I'd like to do something sooner verses later.
June 11th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Super Mommy
I hope it's not her ears! Sometimes it's hard to tell if it's one or the other. With Brady, if it's his ears then he has a lot more problems at night because lying down makes it feel worse.
June 11th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Good news! Took her to the doc and her pedi says it's just teething as she looks fine otherwise. And, I found something that seems to work!!

Any of you ladies heard of Camilia? I gave that to Kynslee last night and she stopped fussing within 10 mins and felt so good that she stayed up and played and laughed for another 2 hrs! I gave it to her a little earlier tonight and hope that she'll sleep good like she did last night. Well, not super good but TONS better then waking every few hours screaming. So excited to find something that works!! A friend recommended it and so glad she did.
June 12th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Super Mommy
That's great! What exactly is Camilia?
June 12th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It's a homeopathic teething relief that comes in individual doses. You just twist the top off the vile and pour into their mouth.

Here is a link to cvs but I know the friend that recommended it bought hers at walmart.Buy Boiron Camilia Homeopathic Medicine Teething Relief online at CVS.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search