Going to the doctor tomorrow......

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 10th, 2012, 07:06 PM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A week ago a friend of mine and her 1 year old came over to hang out. While they were here I noticed red bumps on his legs and she told me the dr. said it was exzema. I responded with telling her that my 9 year old has exzema and it never has looked like that. She assured me her dr. saw it and said it was exzema.

Friday morning baby awoke and had two red bumps on his legs. I thought maybe bug bites since we have been outside a lot. Later I noticed a few bumps on his chin too...but he is teething and drooling. I didn't think anything of it.

Friday nite we had friends over with their kids. Saturday we went to a birthday party. We got home and baby went down for a nap. When he awoke there were bumps on his diapered area and more on his legs. Today he awoke with bumps on his hands and feet!! My 13 year old now has bumps on his arms and legs too!!

So I called the doctor and he said to bring them in tomorrow. Called my friend and she told me that she later found out hand/foot/mouth disease has gone around her sons daycare center, but that he was never sent home with it. She also said the dr. didn't look at his bumps last week....it was weeks prior when he had similar skin issues. Ugghhh....

I know its not totally her fault...but now I have exposed so many other peoples kids to this without knowing it too!! Tomorrow we will find out for sure what it is. Oh and we leave for vacation in a week!! We better be over all this by then!

June 10th, 2012, 07:35 PM
inlove08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww I wish baby well. Let us know what happens. Emma has weird bumps on her legs, arms and face all day long, never goes away. Doc said eczema too.

Thank you Vicki.... for my beautiful siggie!!!
June 10th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh no! Has he been fussy at all when trying to eat? Tristan had HFM disease about a month ago and he cried when he tried to nurse because he had sores in his throat. He also had bumps on his hands and feet that started to push out of his skin and turn into blisters. My pedi just had my alternate tylenol and ibuprofen for the pain in his throat and let it pass. He got it from my niece who got it from daycare so yes it is very contagious but luckily it doesn't last too long.

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!
June 10th, 2012, 08:37 PM
r&lsmama
Aw I hope everything turns out okay! I'd deffinetly go in.HFM can be painful for them
June 11th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Marie he is eating good still. He does start crying and fussing for no reason the last few days though so I am assuming he is uncomfortable. I'll let you all know what happens when I go to the dr today.

My 13 yr olds bumps look different than the baby's though. Not sure if h/f/m looks a little different from person to person or if my kids have different issues going on?? My 13 yr olds bumps look kind of like Scarlet Fever from what I saw online. I had strep a while back and got meds for it....none of the kids complained of not feeling good though. So I don't know if he possibly got it??? I'm gonna drive myself crazy till we get in to the dr today!!

June 11th, 2012, 06:35 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Oh no! Wishing them a speedy recovery!

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
June 11th, 2012, 06:37 AM
sweetgirl51305's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sux. Hope they're well before vacation!!!

~*Visit my ETSY shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/SillyWillyLilli*~
June 11th, 2012, 08:10 AM
BeccaM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to BeccaM
Aww I hope they feel better. We have been seeing alot of it here at work.
June 11th, 2012, 11:30 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just checking in to see if you got in and got some answers. Hope your kids are feeling better soon

June 11th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hope it turns out to be something else HMF is horrible

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

June 11th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you've gotten some answers and treatments. Poor little guy.
June 11th, 2012, 01:09 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh no! what a pain. Hope the recovery goes quickly!

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
June 11th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Went to the pediatrician today. Baby has chicken pox. 13 year old just has an allergy rash. He gets benedryll. Baby gets nothing, but is pretty happy. Doctor said at this age he won't even feel itchy!

I noticed some bumps starting on me. Pediatrician said they looked like they could be chicken pox...but he deals in kids so he can't say for sure! So I went to the dr and I have chicken pox! I had them very mildly as a kid I got him to prescribe me some antiviral medication that is supposed to help with the duration and severity of the chicken pox. Doesn't work in everyone though, so we will see.

I am totally freaked though because I had a family member die at my age from complications from the chicken pox that she caught from her daughter! She got the varicella pnemonia from it. She was a heavy smoker though and had the beginnings of emphazema though, I do not smoke. So hopefully I won't have the pnemonia arise!

June 11th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
so sorry you two have chicken pox. On the goodside, no chicken pox vaccine for him. Bad side - you made my mother right. . She always warns me that I could get chic pox a second time too.

I hope both of you feel better before you vacation.
June 12th, 2012, 07:03 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh No! I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search