UUmmmm ...... whos gettin new car tomrw?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2012, 07:05 PM
First Timer!!!
ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yup ok this is so unexpected!!!

my sister wanted to get a larger vehicle cause she has three little ones in seats in the back and her ford taurus is only a mid sized car ........... so they are getting a tad cramped in the back

well .. sister finds she isnt going to get much for the trade in of her car not sure why its a 2004 i think . anyways its pretty new . so i told her DH has thought about getting me a car but i said no since we share a car atm and honestly it works fine enough and we dont have another cars gas and repairs to pay for. either way my sister said shed sell it to me for a grand no problem ....... well ..... i think thats a good price

she said it needs s tune up but really that cant be that pricey ....... and it has ALL working windows !! AND A RADIO!!!!!!! WITH A CD PLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my first CAR EVER to have a working radio AND CD player oh my ....

i mean its 1 grand how can i pass it up? i think personally that they are not super pretty .. i dont think they design is flattering really lol i like jettas or civics .. camry .... accords .....

but i mean its dependable and i feel like its a steal .. what you gals think ..???
June 11th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Go for it! Sounds like a great deal to me!
June 11th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well the first words out of Dales mouth were "whats wrong with it".
An 04 goes for roughly $4,500 around here, depending on mileage and options. Even more from a car lot.
I'd say go for it!

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

June 11th, 2012, 08:21 PM
CoreenaC's Avatar Carter-Carter's Momma
Dang! I wish my sister was that awesome! We're paying more then double that for a 1998 with lots of problems! I say go for it!

#2-EDD 9/10/14
TTC 19 months, round 1 of clomid worked! 100 mg CD6-9

June 11th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Happy Mommy
Glad your sister is giving you a deal on it!!
June 11th, 2012, 09:21 PM
First Timer!!!
well she said it needs a tune up BUT that there were no real issues with the car . and seriously this is my sis if she knew anything REALLY wrong shed tell me

her and i are REALLY close so im not scared to trust her on ANYTHING let alone a car . i mean i trust my only child with her . and no one else has babysat him . just her LOL

(dixiana i LOVE dales thought process . wats wrong with it ? LOL funny yet SO trrue that you need to have that "buyer beware" )

the only thing wrong with it officially is that the turn signals only turn off if you move it back to normal spot .. as in if you hit the left turn signal .. normally it would click back into no signal on after you made your turn .. this car it will stay on left turn signal forever til you manually set it back

so honestly its like 100 bucks to fix but i really have no issue putting it back to normal on my own . its not that big a deal

the AC works GREAT

(i have NO ac in my truck so im STOKED AND NO RADIO AT ALL)

so to have ac and ALL the windows AND a radio AND a cd player is unheard of in my past LOL

either way i told DH and he wants to talk to his buddy in the morn but im pretty sure we are gonna get it

ill KUP tomrw bout what his buddy says and such ... but honestly if SOMETHING were wrong with it shed tell me
June 11th, 2012, 09:56 PM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a great deal!!! And dealerships totally rip people off on trade-ins.

June 11th, 2012, 11:05 PM
First Timer!!!
well she getting her new one from a used carlot/tow yard so no they wont give her fair price

they cant really i think cause they small time ,,, but her deal on her cars good an deal on ca r i get would be good so good deal i think

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2more View Post
Sounds like a great deal!!! And dealerships totally rip people off on trade-ins.
oh yes

where r u located??

i live in sac, cali and in 2006 they offered 1-2 grang trade in for my 2002 ford taurus with NO issues!!! thats LOW they always scrtew u wit traDE in s

its lame ,,,

needless to say i kept my car and didnt make da deal
June 12th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! Sounds good to me!
June 12th, 2012, 04:24 PM
First Timer!!!
YAY!! well i paid her a grand and will be getting the car on either WED or THRU ..

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

IM STOKED!!!!!!!!!
June 12th, 2012, 04:45 PM
First Time Mommy
Cool! Yay for having your own car!

Keeping Up With The Petrosians
June 12th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Tamara0711's Avatar :)
Exciting!
June 12th, 2012, 09:16 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Yay for new cars!

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search