Food ideas for baby

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By w292737

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2012, 12:08 PM
sweetgirl51305's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So, for the 2nd day in a row Lilli has refused the spoon. I know another top tooth is coming through, so that might be the reason. I'm not sure if she's really just refusing the spoon or refusing baby food. I gave her oatmeal this morning and she ate a few bites, but then daddy came downstairs and she had no more interest in food. Last night she ate a gerber graduates meal off of a spoon. But, yesterday and today she's refused the baby food. Anyway, I need ideas for finger foods. For breakfast if she's wanting finger foods I give her a waffle. For lunch yesterday and today she had a 1/4 of a cheese quesadilla (just shredded cheese melted in a buritto). I cut up fruit. I can boil some chicken and give her that. She has her snacks like cheerios, yogurt bites, puffs..etc

Any one got any ideas? I'm not really creative when it comes to cooking. What are you feeding your babies?

~*Visit my ETSY shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/SillyWillyLilli*~
June 12th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
frozen waffles for breakfast, uh grilled cheese for lunch? Keelan loves that. For dinner, Keelan just eats whatever we are eating, but he loves mac and cheese, peas, carrots, mashed potatoes, etc.
June 12th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Happy Mommy
anything you eat

broccoli, peaches cut up. pears cut up, potatoes, crackers... umm really anything
Rachel likes this.
June 12th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
She eats whatever we are having. Last night we had chicken and pasta salad. She also had cheerios before that since she apparently couldn't wait for dinner to be ready, lol

If we go out to dinner or something, she eats what's not spicy, etc.

June 12th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Will is refusing the spoon too!! For over a week now. I'm so glad you posted this!

William Jeffery, born 8/1/11
Evan John, born 2/24/13

Visit my blogs.
http://www.anilandcontinuied.blogspot.com/
http://reverendanissa.blogspot.com/
June 12th, 2012, 08:49 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
If you want to start simple, you could give her bananna (cut into 4 pieces length wise so it is easy to hold). Avacado cut into slices. How is her pincer grasp? If it is good you can just give her any fruit or veggie cut up into small peaish sized pieces. Avery loves avacado.

What else do I give her... grapes also cut into 4 pieces so that she won't choke, cheerios, bread and toast, diced eggs. The options are endless!

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
June 12th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Tristan loves yogurt do I give him that for breakfast. He also eats these things called veggie sticks that are long straw like chips things that are pretty hard but when he sucks on them they get soft enough for him to mash with his gums. Mac and cheese he loves also. I just put it right on his tray and let him grab away. Cheerios is another good one too

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!
June 13th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I took everyone's advice and fed Will what I had for breakfast this morning. I had scrambled eggs & toast. So after I gave him his bottle I gave him some of my food & he ate it. We'll see what he does for dinner!

William Jeffery, born 8/1/11
Evan John, born 2/24/13

Visit my blogs.
http://www.anilandcontinuied.blogspot.com/
http://reverendanissa.blogspot.com/
June 13th, 2012, 02:25 PM
sweetgirl51305's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the ideas guys. She's refusing it again today, so table food again. Last night she refused the gerber graduates so dh gave her some of the ribs I made and she tore them up! So I think now we're just gonna do bottles and whatever we have. She loves bananas, she actually bites it off like I do. Fruit she loves. She hates avacado, idk. She loves her veggie straws and cheerios. The other day I got her some some different puffs and mini cheese puff looking snacks. I'll just boil her some chicken for lunch or something 'cuz I usually eat tv dinners and a salad. I can just make extra for dinners.

What kinda sucks about all this is, we have WIC so I've got a crap load of baby food and baby cereal!

~*Visit my ETSY shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/SillyWillyLilli*~
June 13th, 2012, 02:30 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
If she has decided no more baby food, for good now, donate the extras you have to a womens shelter or food bank. It is such a wonderful feeling to know someones baby is being taken care of because of your generousity.

[/url
June 13th, 2012, 03:31 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad she's liking the table food!

Sav literally eats EVERYTHING I put in front of her.lol

Like tonight for dinner, she had a burger.lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search