Rorans bits irritated and bled

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2012, 05:47 PM
First Timer!!!
well for like 2-3 days Roran has had this rash that just got worse and worse. first i figured id seen rashes on other babies this is normal

well his scrotum bled when i wiped him with a huggies wipe and i guess this is FTM reaction but i was freaked out ! i dont have what hes got down there but i KNOW his isnt supposed to bleed from that area

he also had diarrhea 4 times today . not sure whats causing that

so i called the pedi office they got me a same day at 1:50pm doc figured its just a bad diaper rash ........ (i havent changed wipes or diapers fyi) so now EVERYTIME he poops OR pees he has to be rinsed off in the bath tub no using wipes. and air dry for 15 mins ............

so yeah he was set down fer a few mins to get bath ready and he shat on the carpet .... sigh

this is a nightmare

and after he dries i have to put this anti fungal cream i guess it is and put it on his areas that are red

i mean its bad his whole scrotal sack is red its sucky . worse is how upset he is cause of it . this is so tiring!! i need a break like no other.
June 12th, 2012, 05:59 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh no that doesn't sound fun at all! I know diarrhea can cause diaper rash quickly, at least it always seemed like it did with DD.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
June 12th, 2012, 06:06 PM
First Timer!!!
poor baby is sleeping . at least he can not hurt while sleeping poor poor boy
June 12th, 2012, 06:31 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Is he teething? Everett gets really bad diarrhea when he is teething.

June 12th, 2012, 06:59 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Poor mommy! I feel your pain, my little daycare girl got a rash this past winter that was so bad he skin looked like it had been burned and it was pealing off. It was so hard to follow all the instructions of no wipes and drying time and she had two different creams that had to be mixed but only at the time of application. It was a mess and a ton of work.

I hope he heals quickly. Not just because he's in pain, but because I understand how much work you're going through right now.

June 12th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Poor Roran! I hope the rash clears up soon!
June 12th, 2012, 08:45 PM
First Timer!!!
i had no idea that teething would have anything to do with it but he just had his 2nd tooth drop . he has two front top teeth !

yeah the rash came before the diarrhea BUT who knows maybe this is related to teething?

all i know is i got two cream (no mixing needed though with these) BAD BAD rash and diarrhea and who knows when the next little tooth will pop out lol
June 12th, 2012, 08:52 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Oh no! Poor guy!

I find that when Avery gets a bad rash if I just use a wash cloth with warm water to wipe her bum it clear sup quickly.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
June 12th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Poor little guy
I do feel your pain though. I haven't used a wipe on katelyn in over a month. She goes in the tub for a rinse off every.Single.Time. she poops. And she poops at least 3 times a day.
It sucks but it really does help. I try to keep her off the carpet during naked time. Cleaning diarrhea off carpet SUCKS.

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

June 12th, 2012, 09:47 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Yea some babies get diarrhea with teething which in turn causes the rash. It could not even be that just a reaction to something he ate or having the diaper too wet against his skin for too long.

June 12th, 2012, 10:51 PM
r&lsmama
Oh no! Poor guy . Rashes can be awful. Teething can cause terrible poo. Have you done some airing out time? Or wiping with a wash cloth instead of wipes? May help. Hope ot clears soon ((hugs))
June 13th, 2012, 12:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Poor baby(and mom). Is there anything you can put on it(like an antibiotic ointment) to at least help with stinging?
June 13th, 2012, 07:01 AM
First Time Mommy
Oh man I know when BB was sick in February, she got a horrible rash. She would whimper every time we had to change her diaper and it made me so sad!

I hope it clears up soon for you and him!

Keeping Up With The Petrosians
June 13th, 2012, 07:05 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Use Boudreax's Butt Paste. That stuff is magic.

June 14th, 2012, 05:38 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Poor boy! I hope you can get him something mentioned above to help soothe him.
June 14th, 2012, 09:54 AM
First Timer!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Rae~ View Post
Use Boudreax's Butt Paste. That stuff is magic.
this i havent heard of . ill tryy this as well
June 14th, 2012, 07:07 PM
First Timer!!!
im looking fer a coupon fer that Boudreax's Butt Paste if anyone knows shere a current one is lemme know
June 14th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Kim
If the cream is hurting his bum, try putting a barrier cream on first (like vaseline or aquaphor). The diaper cream won't directly touch his irritated cream but the healing stuff still gets through. It also helps everything come off easily. Evan had a wicked diaper rash after some antibiotics and I used a warm wet washcloth to dab off all the poop. I also mixed a little bit of yeast cream in with the diaper cream. You could also use a blow dryer on the cool setting to speed up the drying process. It's so hard when something as simple as a diaper change becomes so complicated and painful Hope it goes away soon.

June 14th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Aw poor baby. Joshua actually had a horrible diaper rash a couple weeks ago. it was awful as everytime he went potty he would cry. We finally got it to go by air drying him at least 30 mins for 2 days and not using diaper wipes. Also used desitin and balmex. Within 3 days of doing this he was clear.
Hope he feels better soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search