POTD- Cursing

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Do you curse?
Routinely 11 42.31%
Occasionally 13 50.00%
Never 2 7.69%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 14th, 2012, 08:49 PM
DaniB+4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a major potty mouth. I was raised in a household where, so long as I wasn't swearing AT my mom, I was allowed to curse. Not when I was, like, five years old or anything, but once I was a teenager it was no big deal. The less taboo something is, the less alluring it is to rebellious teens usually. I try to keep my mouth in check around my kiddos but I'm not perfect. They've heard me drop some major bombs, especially when driving. The twins don't repeat them (at least not around me) but they did have some funny moments when they were babies/toddlers. I still remember Emma being in the bathtub - she was maybe 18 months old or so - and she was frustrated with one of her bath toys so she slammed it against the tub wall and said "Oh Christ!". Not necessarily a swear word but still something she picked up from an uncouth adult. Judge me if you want but I just really don't see it as a huge deal. If the worst thing my kids ever do is drop an F bomb I will be a happy mama.
June 14th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will sometimes, and my daughter has picked up a very bad word and uses in the right context, she's four

Lucky mother to five!

June 14th, 2012, 11:25 PM
First Timer!!!
i have a sailors mouth .........

poor roran i figure he doesnt have a chance LOL

BUT when i was little we knew what we werent allowed to say simply cause they were adult words ... so i duno how i feel about it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search