POTD- Cursing

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Do you curse?
Routinely 11 42.31%
Occasionally 13 50.00%
Never 2 7.69%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 13th, 2012, 06:05 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you do it? Have the kids picked it up?

Last edited by ~Rae~; June 13th, 2012 at 06:15 AM.
June 13th, 2012, 06:10 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do occasionally but mostly when it just jumps out. I did it in front of Layla last year, & just that fast, she started using "dammick" appropriately. Spilled juice? DAMMICK! Can't fit a puzzle piece in? DAMMICK. I kept her home from school one day when she first started saying it because I was so scared she would go to school & say it & embarrass me. I was on pins & needles all day when she went back. I just knew the teacher would call me & tell me.
So anyway we got it under control until last month. X bit me on the belly. It shocked me & hurt so much that I yelped the D Word. Layla heard it & now she says it again. Good thing it's summer & school is out.

June 13th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Kim
Yes. A lot. It's not every second word or anything, but I tend to mutter the f word to myself if I'm having a frustrating day, especially when dealing with my dogs
~Rae~ likes this.

June 13th, 2012, 06:22 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Too much. I need to work on it before Avery starts repeating everything I say.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
June 13th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Not as much as before Brynlee came along, but yes...I routinely use swear words and it's usually about DH, lol

June 13th, 2012, 06:50 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have the prettiest mouth, but I do try to keep it at bay now that Savannah is "talking". I would die if she came out with some of the things I say!
mandy5586 likes this.
June 13th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I swear like a sailor I'm really trying to stop since Alex will be talking before I know it

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

June 13th, 2012, 08:53 AM
BeccaM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to BeccaM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenyx View Post
I swear like a sailor I'm really trying to stop since Alex will be talking before I know it
This! Major potty mouth.
June 13th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I swear like a preacher's daughter, which is to say, I have a potty mouth. Daniel has said stuff once or twice, but all of them know that they are adult words and not to use them, especially to embarrass me. I gave my older kids permission to swear when they were teens with the condition that they didn't use it at school or in a situation that would be inappropriate (like at church or in front of my parents).
June 13th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes *hides* I say "darn it" a ton, and the s word occasionally. I'll let the f word slip out when I'm really blustered. I know I need to stop but I've let one fly again before I catch myself.
June 13th, 2012, 11:31 AM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, I do. I wish I could say I didn't considering I have an older child! She never says anything bad though. I've explained that those are not good words to say and I shouldn't say them either. I feel bad though she shouldn't even have to hear them.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
June 13th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes I am HORRIBLE. I really wish I could rein it in but when we're at home it just comes out. I'm good in public but home is just........bad.
And AJ has a potty mouth too. Especially dam it. And he uses it in context too. Drop the toy, dam it!
One day he got in Dales big truck, said he was driving, then went "BEEP BEEP get out of my way you a-hole!"
But even if we never swore my SIL and her hubby next door cuss like sailors too so he'd still hear it.
Thankfully he doesnt swear at school....yet. Or they don't understand what he's saying ......

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

June 13th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Happy Mommy
all the time.

no they don't
June 13th, 2012, 01:03 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was really good when the girls were little and learning to talk, now that they're older and frustrate me more, words slip out now and then that I know I shouldn't say. I need to get back on track.

On the other hand when words slip out the girls know they've gotten me really mad. I heard my younger daughter say once, "We made mommy really mad, she's saying those words again!"
~Rae~ likes this.

June 14th, 2012, 02:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Not at all.
The last time was maybe a year ago when dh and I got in a big fight. He doesn't swear either. Neither of us were raised around foul language nor do we watch movies with much of it.
If the babe starts swearing, we know it won't be from us.
June 14th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We tried so hard to stop when Kairi was born, and we did cut back certainly, but she picked them up anyway. We taught her they weren't good words, and not to use them herself. Especially not to use them around anyone but mommy and daddy. She gets the concept. We told her to tell use when she hears us say them, and she does, and that too helps us cut back.

Alexis isn't there yet.
June 14th, 2012, 09:31 AM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
I don't swear a lot....the bad word I say the most is "Poop" but the swear version. LOL My oldest has only swore once or twice, she never repeats, but I think my second daughter will, so I'm really trying to watch it. DH is worse than me with swearing and my brother, uggg..it's every second word, it's second nature to him.

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

June 14th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrowe70 View Post
Not at all.
The last time was maybe a year ago when dh and I got in a big fight. He doesn't swear either. Neither of us were raised around foul language nor do we watch movies with much of it.
If the babe starts swearing, we know it won't be from us.
Trust me, I didn't grow up around any foul language either. the worst my dad ever said growing up was "dern".

I still have a potty mouth, and I don't know, they're just words. They really don't bother me.
w292737 and PurpleQueen like this.
June 14th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Happy Mommy
^ditto it still makes my mom want to slap me when she hers me say ****. she hates it. but alas I do it. i don't see the big deal (for adults) to talk that way.
June 14th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I can't say never, I would be lying. I usually don't curse around them, but if I'm really mad or frustrated, something will slip out once in a while. I've never had the girls pick up on it, I usually apologize and explain that it's a bad word and they should never say it and I shouldnt' have either.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search