Birthdays (again)

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 13th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How many people are you expecting to send invitations to?
How many people are you expecting to show up?
Do you do paper, photo cards, e-mail or word-of-mouth invitations?
What do you do if you accidentally left someone out and they mention it?? lol
Do you ask that people RSVP so you know how much food to have?

June 13th, 2012, 07:00 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How many people are you expecting to send invitations to? 10ish
How many people are you expecting to show up? Including kids, about 20 people.
Do you do paper, photo cards, e-mail or word-of-mouth invitations? Paper
What do you do if you accidentally left someone out and they mention it?? Lol, umm apologize? Honest mistake?
Do you ask that people RSVP so you know how much food to have? No because I know for sure who's coming & who's not.
June 13th, 2012, 07:03 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't do large parties until 3. I'm planning Layla's party right now.

How many people are you expecting to send invitations to? 15 families
How many people are you expecting to show up? 30-40
Do you do paper, photo cards, e-mail or word-of-mouth invitations? Paper invites.
What do you do if you accidentally left someone out and they mention it?? lol Apologize and tell them come on! The more the merrier.
Do you ask that people RSVP so you know how much food to have? Definitely

June 13th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I ordered 75 photo cards because at Christmas, I ordered 50 and it wasn't enough! DH's family wants me to always send cards to the extended family in other states even though we know they aren't coming. :/ I understand that they want cards because they are pictures of Brynlee and such, but it gets EXPENSIVE to send order that many cards AND buy stamps. Granted, I don't mail them to the people that live in town. I just deliver them to them.

But I am making the invite list and I am thinking...holy crap...that is a lot of people and that is a lot of people to buy food for!

DH's familyalone (that will show up & don't live out of state) includes approximately 30+ people. My family that will show up is approximately 20.

That's not counting the family that I'll send photo cards to that won't come AND that's not counting our friends that will (and will not) come. :/

The reason I asked about accidentally forgetting people is because one of my distance cousins in New Mexico sent me a PM on FB last night asking if she could have an invitation to hang on her fridge. She asked me at Easter if she could get a picture of Brynlee, too and I never sent one because we only ordered enough for certain people...

Ahhhhhh stuff like this stresses me out!

June 13th, 2012, 07:41 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
So sorry you are stressed mandy!

How many people are you expecting to send invitations to? None, I will jsut call rather than do paper invitations
How many people are you expecting to show up? Less than a dozen
Do you do paper, photo cards, e-mail or word-of-mouth invitations? Word of mouth
What do you do if you accidentally left someone out and they mention it?? lol Apologize and tell them to come!
Do you ask that people RSVP so you know how much food to have? No need, I know everyone I invite will be there

My family is too far away, and on DH's side I will only invite immediate family so it won't be all that huge.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
June 13th, 2012, 08:54 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
How many people are you expecting to send invitations to? Um usually about 25
How many people are you expecting to show up? We have a large family and they all almost usually show up with their kids. So about 45-50
Do you do paper, photo cards, e-mail or word-of-mouth invitations? photo cards
What do you do if you accidentally left someone out and they mention it?? Invite them
Do you ask that people RSVP so you know how much food to have? I do regrets only, I got tired of doing RSVPs and no one RSVPing and still showing up. With regrets only people actually call to tell me they cant come so the people who dont call I say are coming.

June 13th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How many people are you expecting to send invitations to?
I'm not even sure I'll be sending invitations. I might get some just so I have one to save.

How many people are you expecting to show up? Not many. less than 10.

Do you do paper, photo cards, e-mail or word-of-mouth invitations?
Word of mouth probably

What do you do if you accidentally left someone out and they mention it?? apologize and invite them

Do you ask that people RSVP so you know how much food to have?
I'm not inviting many people so I dont need to worry about rsvps

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

June 13th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
Do you ask that people RSVP so you know how much food to have? I do regrets only, I got tired of doing RSVPs and no one RSVPing and still showing up. With regrets only people actually call to tell me they cant come so the people who dont call I say are coming.
Great idea!! I just don't want to buy so many hot dogs or drinks and not have enough!

June 13th, 2012, 09:30 AM
babi_lovin11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to babi_lovin11
How many people are you expecting to send invitations to? About 30 or so.

How many people are you expecting to show up? Maybe about 15 kids and 15 adults

Do you do paper, photo cards, e-mail or word-of-mouth invitations? Sometimes I just call around and invite people but this year since its Carter 1st Birthday I will do photo invites (it'll be a koint party)

What do you do if you accidentally left someone out and they mention it?? lol
Apologize and tell them come

Do you ask that people RSVP so you know how much food to have? NO one does that around here >_<
June 13th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
How many people are you expecting to send invitations to? 20 or so?
How many people are you expecting to show up? 10 to 15
Do you do paper, photo cards, e-mail or word-of-mouth invitations? I did a facebook invite and Neely is going to tell his dad and step mom since they aren't on Facebook.
What do you do if you accidentally left someone out and they mention it?? lol I'd tell them to come and apologize.
Do you ask that people RSVP so you know how much food to have? my friends are dumb. Some RSVP that they are coming and then don't and then some come and don't RSVP. I just plan for about 5 or so less than I invited and if I have leftovers then we eat it for days.
June 13th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't thought about it! Eek, well we were just going to have a family barbeque but it would be nice to have more people over. No invitations unless I buy a themed party set that includes them. Hopefully it will be us 3, my parents, my sister, and the inlaws. So that would make 9 people. I would like an RSVP to be polite.
June 14th, 2012, 05:41 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're not throwing anything anyone can come to! Just our little family celebrating this time.

When we did throw parties we used photo cards, and yes, we used the RSVP system to keep control over the food.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search