Diaper rant

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 14th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Katherine had a bad stomach bug a couple weeks ago and it gave her a horrible diaper rash. We've been using disposables because the medication we have to put on her will ruin the cloth diapers. Anyway, we've had a blow out almost every day and especially during the night. I've had to wash her bedding 3 times in the last week and the laundry just keeps piling up. I don't understand why I'm having such a problem with these diapers. She's in the right size and they seem to fit just fine. I'm so annoyed right now.

Thankfully, I only have to put the medication on her for 2 more days and then its back to cloth, which we have only had one blow out in in almost 9 months. Sorry, I just needed to rant. Thanks for reading.

June 14th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
HUGS!!! That would be super frustrating! Kynslee has had very few blowouts and she's always been in DD. I think it just depends on the child as I know some babies that no mater what the mom put them in(disposable wise) they seem to have blowouts. I like Pampers best as they seem to fit her the best and hold things in better. But, Kynslee has worn most brands.

I've noticed that even among brands the different style of disposables each fit differently. Kynslee is so petite she's still in size 1's. When she first went into size 1's she just barely fit into them so DH took all the size 1 packages and took a diaper out of each (about 7 - many same brand just different styles) and we put them in order from smallest size 1 to biggest size 1 -there was big difference! If you're going from cloth and not use to knowing what type of disposables fit her best I can see where it's be trouble knowing to judge a diaper as I've realized it's not by the weight or size they say on the box all the time.

Glad you only have 2 more days! Rant all you want - I can understand your frustration!!
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
June 14th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
None of my kids have ever fit into disposables based on the weight limits on the box. They always have to move up a size before they hit the weight minimum for the next size up--they are long in body and needed the extra height in the back LOL Iz used to have massive blowouts because her medications made her so gassy it would just expode out of her--there wasnt much but it traveled fast Now she is off the meds and we still have massive blowouts because now she eats so much that there is always too much to be held in by the diaper LOL I cant win!
June 14th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hazel, sorry you are having trouble with blow outs too. Its so frustrating!

Katherine is long and thin. We have her in the pamper swaddlers size 2 and have to make the waist as tight as it will go. I tried the size 3 for the length but they are WAY to big. Unfortunately, she seems to be allergic to a lot of the other types of diapers, at least what is available in the stores here. I'm just hoping that once we finish the medication she wont have this issue again and we can just use the CD. I feel like I do laundry more often because of the blow outs than I do when using the cloth.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search