how many days of diarrhea do i wait?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By MelissaRN

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 14th, 2012, 11:50 PM
First Timer!!!
Roran STILL has diarrhea ... nonstop after DAYS ..

well its been like 4 days now .. i keep giving him pedialite in a medicine syringe like for baby advil stuff

but i really didnt wanna be one of those moms who bring their babies in ALL THE TIME FOR ANYTHING cause i wanna be taken seriously when i bring him in . not like they will ignore and think im overreacting

im guessing that rorans teething is making him have this happen and the BAD BAD diaper rash so i cant tell if these things are connected or not ... are they just more things wrong or all symptoms of the teething?

my sister said shes upset cause its VERy important to know what KIND of rash he has and they didnt tell me anything like that .... just that its a bad rash and to put this cream on it ... its antifungal from what she said its called nystatin cream usp 100,000 units per gram (whatever that means) but im kinda upset that they didnt mention what kinda rash it is cause she said this .. so i duno what to think

his rash still looks like itd be a bad sunburn .... and they never mentioned when to come back in time if its not gone .... i have been there like 3 times in two months and im ...... embarrassed when i go in ... i feel like the doc is thinking oh no not her again!

i dont wanna over react BUT i NEVER want my baby to suffer cause i wasnt strong enough to put my shyness and personal interaction issues in front of his care

any thoughts?
June 15th, 2012, 05:13 AM
sweetgirl51305's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd call the dr with it going on that long. We do the nystatin on Lilli when she gets a yeast infection. I know there's other cream options that will help, but they will be able to look and get a good idea. Maybe try letting him air out for a little bit too?

I felt like that before, not wanting to take them in for everything. But, if you're unsure and baby is in pain, it's best to be safe than sorry.

~*Visit my ETSY shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/SillyWillyLilli*~
June 15th, 2012, 05:13 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
If they gave you an anti fungal then it's likely he has a yeast infection. How much diharrea and how often? I would worry about dehydration but that depends on how much and how often. Is he eating normally?
~Rae~ and Dixana like this.

June 15th, 2012, 06:05 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is he eating normally? If so, add in the BRAT diet on top of his other foods. If he's not eating normally, just give him the BRAT diet.

My kids just had diarrhea about a week ago. X had it for about 3 days, and Layla had it two. It was hard for me because my kids NEVER get sick. Never. X was tolerating milk ok, so I continued to give him his regular amounts of milk, but I added banana, rice cakes for snakes, more apple sauce, and toast to his diet. I did the same for Layla, except I gave her pedialyte instead of milk because she wasn't tolerating milk well, and it upset her that she wasn't making it to the toilet on time. I think they had a virus. I called their pedi to make sure that there wasn't an outbreak of something else going on that I should be aware of. They had low grade fevers for one day and the diarrhea, so that tipped me off. Plus, I know it's gross, but their poop looked and smelled the exact same....awful. After a day or two of the BRAT diet, it binded the poop up so that they weren't constantly pooping out a runny mess. It was the same poop, just more formed, which of course is less irritating to their skin.

I'm sorry, I have no advice for the diaper rash. My kids don't get those either. X had one a few days when he was in NICU (I was pissed too) and nothing worked except for Boudreax's Butt Paste that one of his nurses ordered for him.

June 15th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
call the doc.

however, Silas had diarreah when he was teething, and after he had antibiotics. You can give him the BRAT diet, which is bananas, rice, apples, toast. Just give him those foods, and it usually helps bind things. She also told me to give him a probiotic yogurt
June 15th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If I was unsure, I'd call the Dr. Don't worry about what anyone is thinking when it comes to you caring for your son. If he's hurting that's all that matters.
June 15th, 2012, 08:20 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree, call the Dr.
Better safe than sorry.
June 15th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Super Mommy
There's probably not much the doctor can do unless he's dehydrated. Jacob's had 2 bad bouts of diarrhea. I just give him pedialyte and water, also bananas and rice cereal help as well. He also got horrible diaper rash to the point he would scream bloody murder with every diaper change. The Bordeaux butt paste works awesome for it!
~Rae~ likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search