Sick baby! What do I do?!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2012, 06:37 AM
sweetgirl51305's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was going to call the dr but it says for medical emergencies and this isn't one, so I'm not sure what to do!?!

Lilli has had diarrhea for 3 days now. She has a HORRIBLE diaper rash 'cuz of it too. She's not eating good like she usually does. She just wants to drink. What do I do? I got her pedialyte but I'm not sure how much/how often to give it. Does she still get her formula too? I'm going to start the brat diet today and see how that goes. Also, what is the best diaper rash cream??

~*Visit my ETSY shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/SillyWillyLilli*~
June 24th, 2012, 06:57 AM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
For the diaper rash I would give her lots of bath time.. 3 or 4 a day, then lots of air dry time. Try to keep her diaper off as much as possible. I know its harder now that they are getting so mobile. Im not sure what creams you have but something with a zinc oxide will work the best. I think yes to the formula but Im not entirely sure, I know that you dont stop breast feeding for bf babies but I dont know about formula, sorry! Does she have any other symptoms? No fever?

[/url
June 24th, 2012, 07:28 AM
I'm not sure if her diaper cream has it in it or not. We got the natural butt paste. We also let her play outside on the deck last night without a diaper (she had a skirt on to cover her) and she was fine until dh gave her some water, then she peed everywhere. We just sprayed it off, no big deal. As far as other symptoms, she has a stuffy/runny nose. So I think it may be teething related?

June 24th, 2012, 07:28 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Lots of air dry time for sure! For diaper rash I use zincofax, it does the trick but Avery has never had a severe one before.

If it were me, I wouldn't worry about pedialyte unless she was showing signs of dehydration (dry mouth, eyes, sunken fontanelle) and is really miserable. Her formula should be ok I would think??? Does she drink water at all? I would do my best to keep her hydrated that way and lots of fruit and veggies. No processed foods or salty foods like crackers. And yes- the brat diet. Banannas especially stop Avery up.

Hope she gets feeling better really soon.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
June 24th, 2012, 08:36 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry she's sick!
My kids had diarrhea a few weeks ago. I did the brat diet on top
Of their regular foods, if she won't take regular food I'd do brat only. Also, my kids don't like rice all that much, so I gave them rice cakes. Continue formula if she's not vomiting. Don't do apple juice. The sugar increases diarrhea. Instead give white grape if you want, but I do pedialyte just to make sure my kids are extra hydrated.
Get Boudreaux's Butt Paste for the distort rash. That stuff is magic in a bottle.
Good luck!

June 24th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Rae~
I'm sorry she's sick!
My kids had diarrhea a few weeks ago. I did the brat diet on top
Of their regular foods, if she won't take regular food I'd do brat only. Also, my kids don't like rice all that much, so I gave them rice cakes. Continue formula if she's not vomiting. Don't do apple juice. The sugar increases diarrhea. Instead give white grape if you want, but I do pedialyte just to make sure my kids are extra hydrated.
Get Boudreaux's Butt Paste for the distort rash. That stuff is magic in a bottle.
Good luck!
That butt paste is magic I swear.

Alex has been having issues the last few days also. but she was still eating and drinking like normal. I've just been trying to limit what she's eating to the brat diet. I've been trying to let her go diaper free and she's pooed on my carpet twice lol.
Her's is starting to get better now thank goodness.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

June 25th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Poor thing! How is she feeling now?
June 25th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Super Mommy
I third the Butt Paste....and use warm washclothes to wipe her instead of wipes. I use half-strength formula and Pedialyte when Jacob has diarrhea, though he was vomiting too and wasn't keeping a whole lot down. And bananas and rice cereal work too. Unfortunately it's just a virus that has to work it's way out!
June 25th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Thanks guys! Today is day 4 of it. She's had 3 today. One first thing when she woke up. Butt paste isn't helping. Now she has blisters. If she has another loose bm I'm calling the dr. I've been doing the brat diet, giving her pedialyte, and bottles with cereal added to them. Daycare said she completely refused her cheese quesadilla I made her, so they gave her sweet potatoes. I had turkey with rice and veggies tonight and she ate a few bites and then refused. She even refused cheerios. I'm at a loss. My baby hardly ever gets sick. This sucks!

June 26th, 2012, 01:10 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
Sounds like maybe a bit of a yeast rash thrown in. She will need some prescription cream for that if she does. I agree, no processed, canned foods. Way too much salt, preservatives and additives for a baby, in my opinion. There are lots of recipes, easy ideas that you can freeze individual portions for easy meals. Google is great for that kind of thing! I make small chunk soups, take out half and puree it, then add the other half so its still chunky. If he had diarrhea I would still give him it. For example, cut up squash, sweet potato and carrots, and boil or steam. Or do a green soup with spinach, broccoli and green beans.

[/url
June 26th, 2012, 10:26 PM
r&lsmama
If ot is yeast you could try putting some lotramin on her. It helps with rashes. I hope she feels better! Nothing worse then a sick LO. Sounds like your doing great so far. ((Hugs))!
June 27th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Poor baby! I hope she's better today!
June 27th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Happy Mommy
you can use triple antibiotic, any type of ointment like that.
June 28th, 2012, 05:39 AM
She only had 1 bm yesterday which is much better than 5 the day before. It's not as liquid as before. And she is eating a little better. However, last night was horrible and she cried most of the night. She's not throwing up or had a fever. I gave her tylenol last night just incase she was hurting. Oh. Her rash is pretty much gone. I was alternating nystatin and desitin and bathing her at least once a day. So glad that's gone, poor thing had blisters. Hopefully she will get better soon.

June 28th, 2012, 09:49 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Poor sweetie, glad to hear she's on the mend. Hopefully as she gets feeling better she'll sleep better too.

June 28th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad she's doing better.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search