binge eating is bad

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By w292737

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2012, 12:52 AM
First Timer!!!
well i duno exactly why my weight is going up but i know the combo of my binge eating, not breastfeeding anymore , and taking birth control has all played a part in my weight gain

i am 150 pnds ..... im normally 120

needless to say im unhappy with how i look BUT the binge eating is getting overwhelming

i am on a doctors diet (cause of my hemorrhoids) and i have fer the past two months been CHEATING SO BAD!!!!!!!!!

i can only eat fruits and veggies ... yeah i did that STRICTLY for months .. but now .. i walk to the fridge and EAT ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING IN SIGHT!!!!!!!!!

i know its cause i havent been able to eat anything "good" for months and when i see all these yummy things im not supposed to have it puts me into this eating frenzy . like a fricking shark or something

problem is .... i have had both anorexia and bulimia ....... i have worked through them but now i have a new forbidden friend .. binge eating with NO purging .... cause i know puking it up is wrong but .. now ... im just EATING!!!

i have NEVER been to any kinda treatment and i never would knowing itd cost money and id be away from home if i did get help.

so i have always helped things out myself ... self treatment i guess

so i tell myself i need to Exercise but then im doing it for hours a day and im just replacing an old fix for a new one ..

i feel kinda lost on how to control my weight WITHOUT puking it up and without becoming an exercise maniac .... i have always controlled it by what i eat ... how much i eat .. which if you keep enough in your system a day by numbers then its not so bad ....BUT with all this forbidden fruit sitting in my fridge (FIL and DH and junk food aholics) its hard to keep my calories below 2500 a day

not to mention its easy to just pop junk food in my mouth and not cook

i duno what to do with myself other then restrict my intake more
June 26th, 2012, 07:19 AM
r&lsmama
Aww ((hugs)) hopefully you can get this der control. Id try to watch your intake or make sure to have one "goodd food" snack instead of eating everything in sight. When i dont want to cook, i just think layla and ryan will eat ot to so i end up cooking. Nice way to sit amd eat with your LO.
June 27th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
((hugs)) Hormonal BC is awful for weight gain for me!
June 28th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Happy Mommy
have you thought about seeing a dietician to help with some of the portion control and how much and what to eat in a healthy way? your clinic should have one you can see and ins should cover it.
PurpleQueen likes this.
June 28th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with Ro about seeing a dietician. If you've been eating just fruits and vegetables for months abs depriving yourself of things you want then that is probably whats triggering your binging. Maybe you could allow yourself sweets sometimes to take the edge off your craving for sugar.

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!
June 29th, 2012, 02:04 PM
First Timer!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marieks85 View Post
I agree with Ro about seeing a dietician. If you've been eating just fruits and vegetables for months abs depriving yourself of things you want then that is probably whats triggering your binging. Maybe you could allow yourself sweets sometimes to take the edge off your craving for sugar.
i never really had to have bad food (junk food) before but now EVERYTHING is forbidden fruit! im SURE this is why i eat this way now

soda isnt a food but its a bad one ... ill stay at carls jr for HOURS just refiling my soda and as a way to get outta the house

seeing a dietitian is prolly THE BEST and after i switch my insurance i can see one! ... i should call see if i can do that now!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search