Where do you live?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Let's find out how far, or possibly close, we are to one another.

What state do you live in? Have you ever lived in other states?
Do you live in a town or a city?
Are you a city gal or a small town kinda gal?
Mountains, flat farmland, desert, what kind of a place?
What's the normal weather for your area? do you get snow in the winter where you're at?

CA. Never moved out of state.

Do you live in a town or a city? What region of the state is it in?
It's kind of a larger town by my standards, considering I grew up in a town with one grocery store, 3 gas stations, and a hardware store and pharmacy. Southern California, just north of the high desert.

Are you a city gal or a small town kinda gal? Very much small town. I'm very unhappy when living in cities or any kind of neighborhood that doesn't have a good distance between houses. I get to feeling claustrophobic and there's not enough nature.

Mountains, flat farmland, desert, what kind of a place? I grew up in the high desert of southern CA. The town I live in now is kind of unique. One end (south/east) is a desert. The other end (north west) is kind of oak shrubbery and wild wheat.

What's the normal weather for your area? do you get snow in the winter where you're at? It's not super hot here during the summer, usually staying in the 80s and kinda dry. Being a desert rat, I'm used to 100 degree dry heat. It gets regularly down in the teens at night, only to 'warm up' to 20 degrees during the winter though, and that's a bit too cold for my taste lol. We get some snow, this last winter I think we got a grand total of a foot-18 inches.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

June 29th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
The rainy side of WA state

I would call it the suburbs. Ya know all the houses look the same but not a box development.

Not a big city gal like Seattle but I want a mall and main stores within 30 minutes.

Trees, hills, mountains. Beautiful.

What's the normal weather for your area? do you get snow in the winter where you're at?
Rain....... oh and rain.... lol. We sometimes get snow during our winter but it doesn't last long.

June 29th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Alaska. I spent half my life in North Carolina and I lived a few months in Virginia.

Uuh...I think it's considered a city. If it is, it's just barely one. It's pretty much just one of those places off the highway. I hate it here. Looking to move into the city, which is still on the smaller side, taking only 10 minutes to get across.

In the middle? I grew up on a college campus so I'm used to tiny places and I'm not one for tons of people and craploads of traffic so the city near here is a good size.

Hills. A lot of people in the lower 48 would like to call them mountains, but they're not very tall. I live right outside the valley, the bigger city is in the middle of it. And if you care to look it up, central Alaska is a taiga ecosystem or whatever. Just like a few steps away from being tundra.

Normal weather for summer is around 70F for the highs and 20F for the lows. Winter is around 20F for the highs (which is pretty dang warm in the winter) and around -30F for the lows, but we always get a cold snap in January and February that puts up around -50/-60F. Last November while in the hospital with William we had an early cold snap and it was in the -50s. It ended when William was discharged And yes, we definitely get snow haha! Average is around...I'd say about 3ft in unpacked areas. Maybe half a foot more or so.

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

June 30th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Kit Kat's Avatar Photoshop Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to Kit Kat
What state do you live in? Have you ever lived in other states? WI....I've also lived in MN and IL
Do you live in a town or a city? city
Are you a city gal or a small town kinda gal? very much city, which is funny because I grew up in a tiny town
Mountains, flat farmland, desert, what kind of a place? kind of a valley
What's the normal weather for your area? do you get snow in the winter where you're at? it's WI, of COURSE we get snow It gets way below zero in the winter and up to 100 or so in the summer

June 30th, 2012, 09:19 AM
klockert's Avatar Super Mommy
What state do you live in? Have you ever lived in other states? IL(an hour on the other side of the river from St. Louis), but I have lived in South Dakota and Tennessee

Do you live in a town or a city? It's a village, only like 300 people if that.

Are you a city gal or a small town kinda gal? I like living in a small town. The city is fun, but makes me nervous. We go to St.Louis often and it is just way too busy for me.

Mountains, flat farmland, desert, what kind of a place? We live on a huge lake.

What's the normal weather for your area? do you get snow in the winter where you're at? Hot in the summer, cold in the winter. We get snow, sometimes a lot, sometimes hardly any. The weather here is so unpredictable.

June 30th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
What state do you live in? We live in Mississippi
Have you ever lived in other states? Yes, DH and I lived in FL almost our whole lives. I did live in Illinois until I was 6.
Do you live in a town or a city? We live in the suburbs of Jackson, MS, so a town I guess.
Are you a city gal or a small town kinda gal? Not a city person at all, I like visiting but not living there.
Mountains, flat farmland, desert, what kind of a place? flat/farmland
What's the normal weather for your area? Hot and Humid, mild winters

you get snow in the winter where you're at? Yes, maybe once or twice

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
July 6th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Cheshire's Avatar Mommy to three beauties!
I live in Pennsylvania. I've lived in a few other states but always in the northeast.

City.

I kind of like the outskirts where a city is close by but my area is calm.

Trees, I guess.

It's moderate and seasonal. It snows in the winter, can get somewhat hot in the summer.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search