Pacifier

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2012, 04:12 PM
promises1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do LO use a pacifer? Did they ever? When did they stop taking it?

Jordan used his all the time at nap and bedtime and about 3-4 weeks ago he completely stopped using it. He will spit it right out if I try to give it to him.

July 16th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We didn't give her one til she was 2 months old and I tried to push it on her because I knew she wanted to suck to go to sleep but wouldn't do so on me and hated the pack. After a couple weeks of forcing it she took to it and has had it ever since! She uses it at nap/bed time always and sometimes at other times. I'm hoping for only sleep times by 12 months and not at all by 18 months. But I've never dealt with the pack before because my son never took one!
July 16th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Lilysmama
Owen has taken one since birth, but recently he has been refusing it also. I remember my DD doing this at this age too but I kept giving it to her and she became addicted! So, I'm thinking I may just stop trying with Owen. Maybe he's just done with it now.

July 17th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
I wish Olivia would take one to soothe her, but she won't. She has sucked on it for about 10 secs at a time maybe 3 times.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
July 17th, 2012, 11:41 AM
promises1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't mind if he is done with it but I just don't want a finger sucker like DD. It took us forever to get her to stop!

July 17th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
William will only take one if there's something sweet on it. He likes to chew on the side of this one he has but that's about it.

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

July 17th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Tessa does not take a paci, however her 2 yo brother and 3.5 year old sister do! Beau has taken his since birth but Scarlett did not take a paci until Beau was born so she was about two and now she is like a crack addict for her binki. Beau seems to be weaning himself but like I said Scarlett is addicted.

I am afraid to take the binki because my cousins started on binki's and then sucked their thumbs when the binki was taken! Both of them sucked their thumbs TODAY well into their THIRTIES!

Scarlett dropped her binki in the car and i couldn't get it and she started sucking her thumb.
July 18th, 2012, 10:43 AM
binz1031's Avatar Lindsay
Emma won't take a paci... I tried... my 2 year old took one for a little and then stopped because he preferred his thumb... my oldest took a paci until he was 2 ...

July 18th, 2012, 06:51 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Carter takes one, and almost has to have it to fall asleep. Ugh it's gonna be such a pain to take away I just know it. I want to keep it for only nap and bed time once he's a year, and hopefully taken completely away by 2 years. If we have another baby around 2.5 years I don't want to have to worry about taking it away after a new baby comes. Haha

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search